Quitting the Gym...(M)

iVillage Member
Quitting the Gym...(M)
Fri, 03-28-2003 - 8:42am
Well, the day is coming...I think I will be quitting my gym! Don't freak out, everyone: I don't plan on quitting the whole workout scene, just the gym...it saddens me, but I think it will have to be. First, a couple of months ago, my ds screamed and screamed if I ever tried to put him in the childcare room. It seems like something traumatizing may have happened--and I don't doubt it, really, knowing a couple of those kids who are very close to (if not actually) hellspawn. (Sorry, but I gave these 2 kids a good 3 months to shape up with me--I work in the childcare a couple of hours each week--and they have continued to bully other kids by pushing and hitting, climb on the kitchen playsets toppling them onto eachother and the other kids, and hit and throw things at me! Even w/talks to the management and their mom, nothing has improved. I also don't want my ds getting any ideas from these kids, so even though I get free gym membership for the time I work in there, I can't say it is worth it at this point. Anyway...) So, my ds has been sitting in the stroller watching me and the other ladies lift weights and do classes. But I guess he's sick of that--after 2 months of it almost every morning, who wouldn't be?--and now he is starting to make it difficult for me to get anything done. I think I will try again to workout at home...but I think that's gonna be tough b/c he'll be climbing all over me! I may have to rearrange things so I do it at nite after putting the kids to bed, but man that will be tough too--I'm so exhausted by the end of each day! Ah, well...it doesn't matter that much rite now anyway, b/c we are moving in about 2 months and I will have to come up with a new routine then. I don't think there are any mom-friendly gyms where I am headed, but if there are, I am stuck with battling my ds to go into their childcare rooms! AARGH! Stress, tension, anxiety!!!!!!!! Anyway...thanks for letting me vent!

Erika

iVillage Member
Fri, 03-28-2003 - 9:54am
Those days go quickly, though I'm sure they don't feel like it now. I rarely used the child care at the gym because my kids hated it when they were little. I would rush out of the house to get to the gym as soon as my husband got home from work. He knows how important working out is to me, plus he knows how easily I gain weight when I don't work out. It's too bad the gym won't do anything about the hellion kids. It's actually too bad the mother won't do something about her kids.:-(

iVillage Member
Fri, 03-28-2003 - 10:53am
Ah, how disappointing! I think you are probably making the right move based on what is going on though, as hard as it is. How old is your son? And is there any chance of you going EARLY in the morning before he and dh wake up? I'm kicking that around right now, our gym opens at 4:00 and I'm usually up by 5:00 anyway, if I get up an hour earlier I can be there and back before I have to get the family up for their day. Just a thought.

I got the firm tapes for my birthday and have loved using them on my "stuck at home" days. You may want to look into them if you do get sidelined to the house. And lastly, where are you moving to and have you tried the boards for it? There used to be boards in parentsplace that were regional. I met a family transfering here from Guam at one and sent them a bunch of information and helped ease their transition, maybe you can find someone to do the same?

Anyway, good luck and we're here if you need to vent!

~K~

~Kiervin~

Co-author of:  MONSTER'S INK HORROR ANTHOLOGY By Cyber-Pulp Press