i did it! i got my navel pierced!

iVillage Member
i did it! i got my navel pierced!
Fri, 03-28-2003 - 9:13pm
i really like it. everyone cross their fingers that it heals well, turns out my navel is a little small for a piercing, giving me a bit worse odds in that regard...but i intend to beat the odds!
iVillage Member
Sat, 03-29-2003 - 10:34am
YAHOO!!!!!!! Isn't it fun? As long as you keep it clean and don't touch it without ceaning your hands first you should be ok... Keep us updated, and if you want any other advice on cleaning it (products and what not) let me know, I can tell you how we tell our clients to heal their piercings. Did you use a hoop or curved barbell? Congrats again... what's next?!?!?!?! :) he he he
iVillage Member
Sat, 03-29-2003 - 10:53am
Whoot, congrats! You are a brave woman. I saw Heather get hers done and was horrified at how painful it looked, I'll not be going there! What kind did you get? And I bet it looks great!

Congrats again! You'll have to go shopping and get a new, hot suit to show it off this summer!

~K~

~Kiervin~

Co-author of:  MONSTER'S INK HORROR ANTHOLOGY By Cyber-Pulp Press

iVillage Member
Sat, 03-29-2003 - 12:37pm
Yea! I was just thinking yesterday that I could easily see you with a navel ring. How do you like it? Does it get in the way of clothes? I'm sure you'll do fine with it since you're such a careful person. Pictures?

iVillage Member
Sat, 03-29-2003 - 2:05pm
what do you tell people for aftercare? the piercer was good, but not real specific about aftercare. it's a 10g curved barbell (not the kind of barbell that's almost a full hoop, just a slight curve) -- he said that this size and shape jewelry would have the least chance of being rejected and i like the 10g anyway, it matches my tongue barbell. after having my tongue stretched from 12g to 10g (it HURT) i decided from then on to get pierced in the size i want from the beginning!

so what i've been doing is washing the outside gently with antiseptic soap when i'm in the shower, and then a couple other times a day dripping some warm water with dissolved sea salt on it while i'm laying on my back and letting it soak for like a minute, then using a cotton pad very gently to wipe the crusty blood off the edge. (sorry to gross anyone out!) i've erred on the side of not playing with it too much while cleaning, so i hope i'm cleaning it thoroughly enough. i'd appreciate hearing your suggestions on the topic.

iVillage Member
Sat, 03-29-2003 - 3:43pm
10 gauge is awesome... gutsy too! :) We reccomend anti bacterial soap 2-3 times a day getting the "crusties" off with a q-tip or the like. The only other product you want to use is BACTINE. The liquid form - spray or spritz (and you can use that 3-5 times a day). Stay away from harsh chemicals like alcohol, peroxide, iodine, and never use an ointment - it will only smother it and prevent it from breathing. Everybody heals different, but that should do fine for you! Not messing with it too much is good, as long as you ae getting all the soap out, that can lead to irritation sometimes. Other than that we always stress don't touch it unless you've washed your hands first... it's a dirty world we live in! Take care... it may go through an "ugly" stage, that's ok... mine did that a year into having it... no biggie. Good Luck with it, I'm happy to field anymore questions along the way too, for whatever it is worth!