someone's gotta post today! so i posted

iVillage Member
someone's gotta post today! so i posted
Sun, 03-30-2003 - 10:18pm
a pic of my new piercing at http://photos.yahoo.com/hardcoreasbubbles  -- it looks a little crooked because i was too lazy to go wash my hands to straighten it from the way it's laying, but the piercing itself is straight.
iVillage Member
Mon, 03-31-2003 - 4:55am
That looks great...wish my abs were flat enough for that. If I got one you would lose it under the roll when sat down! Grrr.. well I am off to a better start at the gym, spent 2 hrs there Sat. going back today.

Good for you! I wish you the best with keeping it infection free!

Alana

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-31-2003 - 9:29am
That looks great! And, it'll be healed by the summer when all the low slung pants and cropped shirts come out.

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-31-2003 - 10:09am
i had to go out this weekend and buy some low rise pants in the junior section so my waistband wouldn't bother my barbell - how hilarious to be shopping in the junior section! and then i had to buy special low rise underpants too! but you aren't going to be seeing me in any cropped shirts that's for sure! the low rise pants are really comfortable though...
iVillage Member
Mon, 03-31-2003 - 1:28pm
Some questions...

How long do you have to wear low rise pants? Did it hurt? How long is the heal time? I think my husband would really get a kick out of it if I got one, but I'm a wimp about pain and I'm really bad about heal-time. Spinkink, do you get used to it over time or do you catch it on clothes and things? I don't even wear earrings anymore because they were getting caught (probably because they usually hung down to my shoulders). It didn't used to bother me but even small ones do now.

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-31-2003 - 2:19pm
you don't HAVE to wear low rise pants if you are careful about not letting your waistband rub, but it's just easier to avoid the rubbing. the piercing itself didn't hurt very much (though it did hurt more than piercing my tongue, which was 12 gauge = smaller needle), but it was pretty sore for a couple hours afterward, and it's still uncomfortable when i twist and bend in certain ways...it wasn't too fun trying to do jumping jacks and stuff that bounced up and down in step class today. i'm kind of frustrated, because i want to go easy on it so it has a better chance of healing and not migrating (the piercer said it had about a 50/50 chance of just migrating right out) but on the other hand i don't want to stop exercising for a month. maybe spinink will have some comments on the subject, but i think what i'm going to do is keep exercising, but try to be a bit careful of it (not too much impact, not reaching my arms completely over my head) for two weeks. after two weeks, if it's migrating or if it still is preventing me from exercising fully, i'm going to take it out. i like it and i'm committed to taking care of it, but fitness is definitely more important to me. as far as healing time for a navel, in terms of cleaning it regularly and all, it is usually 6 months or more. i'm totally willing to do aftercare for that long, but i'm not willing to limit my exercising for that long.

oh, my barbell doesn't catch on clothes at all (i hear that rings catch a bit more than barbells do though - and if you had a really fancy one with decorations hanging down, i supposed those might get caught like your earrings). i try to prevent it from getting bumped (like i'm careful not to lean forward against it), but eventually once it heals, it won't be a problem if stuff hits it.

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-31-2003 - 2:35pm
WTG Jen! That's awesome--and you do have a little bellybutton!

Judie

Judie Image hosted by Photobucket.com

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-31-2003 - 2:42pm
It looks GREAT! Just be careful to keep it clean and follow the aftercare instructions so it heals faster! Very cool stuff!

~K~

~Kiervin~

Co-author of:  MONSTER'S INK HORROR ANTHOLOGY By Cyber-Pulp Press

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-31-2003 - 2:47pm
Hey all! Migrating navel piercings are pretty rare... I hardly ever see anyone coming in with questions regarding that (I see more eyebrows migrate). I've had my piercing for so long now that it's just such a part of me! I used to get drawstrings caught when I had a circular barbell (horseshoe) in there, but now that I have a curved barbell, that problem is solved. Most of my pants are low rise, but a couple are regular and fine. It may be a little sore for a while, but I'd say go about your regular routine with exercise and keeping it clean ( I know I bring that up all the time, but it's sooo important!) The pic was great, do you find yourself looking at it all the time? I do that with any new work I get... come to think of it any old work too...I'm fascinated by it still after 10 years of getting work done! It's fun modifying your appearance with jewelry, artwork, or by working out! Hope everyone has a good day and great workouts. I've been using this new monster stair climber at the gym (with rotating stairs) and it's kicking my butt, but in a great way - I like to switch my cardio up all the time so I don't get bored, like once every 3 weeks. Have fun everybody!
iVillage Member
Mon, 03-31-2003 - 3:36pm
That sounds like too much work for me for too long. How lazy is that??? I thought it would be more like ear piercing (which was horrible for me because it got crusty and infected AND I was really careful). Also, being short, it's hard for me to find low rise pants, even if they say they are, and my pants constantly push in my navel area. It does look great, though!