WAY off topic, but had to share!!!

iVillage Member
WAY off topic, but had to share!!!
Wed, 04-02-2003 - 2:44pm
I just fielded a phone call from the Dean of Military Programs, I'm one of five students being interviewed this week for Valedictorian of our graduating class next month!!!

I've been beyond excited about "finishing" the program with honors, but to be nominated to be Valedictorian is well beyond my wildest dreams. (Well, maybe not... but still!)

Wish me luck. Must go try on every outfit I own and figure out what to wear to the interview. Need to go for a run to calm down first, I think!

~K~

~Kiervin~

Co-author of:  MONSTER'S INK HORROR ANTHOLOGY By Cyber-Pulp Press

iVillage Member
Wed, 04-02-2003 - 3:11pm
WOW that's AMAZING! good luck at the interview, just be yourself & i'm sure you'll wow them. (nt)
iVillage Member
Wed, 04-02-2003 - 8:34pm
Wow! That's a great accomplishment. Your life sounds like you're just hitting some great peaks. Let us know how it goes.

iVillage Member
Thu, 04-03-2003 - 7:12am
Wonderful news, and don't apologize for being off topic that is great. Good luck in your interview I am sure they will be impressed. I hope you run let go of some nervous engergy.... you are a great example for you kids and I am sure your whole family is very proud! Congrats!

Alana

iVillage Member
Thu, 04-03-2003 - 9:14am
Hooray for you! Here's a big thumbs up. n/t
Soleilune
iVillage Member
Thu, 04-03-2003 - 10:03am
Thank you everyone! I think my feet finally hit the ground the second I hit the pavement. I got in half a mile before my knee started feeling sore, but it was enough for me to let off some excess anxiety. I figured out what to wear, I just need to go pick up stockings (something I rarely use and never keep on hand) since the shoes I'm wearing are nasty without them.

I keep waiting for the axe to fall in my life. I'm quite the optimist at times and there have been so many truly positive things lately that I can't help but think that when the tide of good will turns it will be a doozy that I get hit with. Isn't that terrible? I'm looking deep in that gift horse's mouth. Ok, enough negativity, it is not helping, just adding to my anxiety over the entire thing. I have several hours to prepare and go over my resume and should be fine when I get there!

~K~

~Kiervin~

Co-author of:  MONSTER'S INK HORROR ANTHOLOGY By Cyber-Pulp Press