Injured Again!?!! Grrrrrr!!!!!!! (M)

iVillage Member
Injured Again!?!! Grrrrrr!!!!!!! (M)
Wed, 04-02-2003 - 11:05pm
Just when I thought I had gotten past my (left) shoulder injury, it is back to haunt me!!!! I had 3 or so mos PT (mostly heat, massage, electrostim; but other range of motion stuff, too), then a long rest--about 3 more months w/a tiny bit of strengthening by doing some "beginner's" on machines (per instruction of the PT woman who I am now convinced was the one of many clueless people in a long line of 'em). Then a complete stoppage of weights due to a move and because it felt like it was getting worse again...and of course, it DID get worse. Got it checked out again, and was told it was a chiropractic issue--which actually seemed to be the answer (finally). But after random light weights for 7 mos, I stepped up to a 'real' routine...2.5 mos into it: WHAM! Pushing too hard on the Smith machine (for fly's) (and carrying my nearly 2 yo ds a lot--I don't want him to grow up! ) has done me in once again! Darn it! I am out of commission! And to top that off, I think I got hit last nite w/ strep! Well, now, I guess I will just go thru the motions w/o weights for my shoulders until it clears up again...and of course, I'll hit the chiropractor guy again!

Thnx for the arena to vent!

Erika

iVillage Member
Thu, 04-03-2003 - 9:42am
I know that frustration too well! (nt)

iVillage Member
Thu, 04-03-2003 - 10:24am
Oh, Erika! I'm so sorry. It must be terribly frustrating for you. Given how long this has been going on I would be inclined to ask if they have actually run all tests they can to narrow down the cause. Because it sounds like what they've done to treat it just isn't helping! Does your insurance have a "member advocate" program that you can call that can help you get proper testing/diagnosis? Because it sounds to me like they have you flying in the dark!

Good luck, if you need to vent feel free to yell, that is why we are here! Get well soon!

~K~

~Kiervin~

Co-author of:  MONSTER'S INK HORROR ANTHOLOGY By Cyber-Pulp Press