Workout Attire

iVillage Member
Workout Attire
Thu, 04-03-2003 - 10:56am
Please don't tell me that the leotards, tights, and leg warmer-look isn't coming back! I've seen two women wearing the leg warmers and one wearing the whole get-up. Has it been a long time since they've been in a gym, or is the look making a comeback. Both women are pretty fit so, I can't imagine that the gym is new to them. What's the deal?
iVillage Member
Thu, 04-03-2003 - 11:02am
I read somewhere that izod leg warmers were coming back into style! I haven't seen it but I go to a really conservative, non-trendy gym where big t-shirts rule. Darn, and I got rid of all my shiny spandex-y thong leotards with our last move, lol!

iVillage Member
Thu, 04-03-2003 - 12:26pm
awesome! that makes me so happy to hear! i tried to re-start the leg warmer trend this winter (both in the gym and out) and it did seem to be catching on a bit out on the street, but not really in the gym. (ok, maybe i didn't bring them back single-handedly and MAYBE the fact that the 80s are back in style with couture designers MIGHT have had something to do with it... it's really and chicken vs. the egg kind of situation.)

maybe next winter the trend will be even bigger! and why shouldn't it be? leg warmers are fashionable AND functional. they rock!

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-04-2003 - 10:28am
let me tell you, some women are just going to the gym to pick up guys.. there is one at my gym who is married and has a home gym. she is a Barbie double, only life-size. she comes in with her hair all done up, her make-up is fresh, and tight skimpy work-out clothes. and all i've seen her do is walk around and talk to people. i prefer going in my sweat pants and t-shirt.

but hey, the guys all love her.

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-04-2003 - 6:48pm
ewwwww! Poor thing--she needs a nice dose of self esteem.