Kiervin how is hubby?

iVillage Member
Kiervin how is hubby?
Tue, 04-08-2003 - 2:48pm
I didn't want to get this lost in the orignal post below? How is he doing? Are you waiting on him hand and foot? Recovery time estimate? Will he surf again? enough questions?

I care,

Alana

iVillage Member
Tue, 04-08-2003 - 11:17pm
Thank you. Right now he is unconscious, again. (which I'm thankful for!)

They aren't giving us any indication on recovery time, other than scheduling 7 weeks of follow-up visits to the fracture clinic yesterday. That may be a good sign, right? He has been told that he can't fight for at least a year, possibly ever, which went over very well... not.

Really, he is seeming much better. But you know, I hated the version of him that used alcohol several years ago and I'm finding that the drugged version is just as unpleasant. I couldn't get to the gym fast enough after he woke up today, what a grump! I love him, don't get me wrong, but if he growls at me one more time the fractured spine is going to be the least of his problems.

I think he's going to be ok (given he is making me nuts!). He really is moving more easily and has said that the pressure seems to be easing some. How scary though! Argh, I don't know if he will be surfing again but I know that if he does, he darn well won't be doing it a Pyramid Rock! I took his board off his car today to lock it up inside (brand new longboard, only his second time on it) so nobody steals it, he looked at it so longingly it hurt!

Thanks for asking. And sorry to hear that work is so hectic. Give me a yell if you need to vent. Sometimes the best thing for me when I'm stressed is hearing someone else's stress, I can let go of mine and focus on them and it centers me:)

~K~

~Kiervin~

Co-author of:  MONSTER'S INK HORROR ANTHOLOGY By Cyber-Pulp Press