OT: My JOB! OMG!!

iVillage Member
OT: My JOB! OMG!!
Tue, 04-08-2003 - 3:10pm
They just "let go" a member of management to "cut costs" you have to be kidding me after 2 years of "service"

At the end of the year right before Christmas a 5 year vet got let go and last month they let go our full time mail person.

Not to mention they have elimated a freakin' receptionsit. So now we have to punch a code to get into work at all times and we are greeted by an empty desk in the lobby. Great Public relations right?

GRRR!

iVillage Member
Tue, 04-08-2003 - 3:38pm
I'm sure you'll be fine, but I'm sending positive energy your way just in case.

Good luck & take care.

Soleilune
iVillage Member
Tue, 04-08-2003 - 4:37pm
I remember going through that about 15 years ago. It's tough on the morale at work.:-(

iVillage Member
Tue, 04-08-2003 - 11:01pm
Oh yuck! That has to be extremely stressful for the entire office and morale. I recently read a scathing article about layoffs in the publishing industry. What happened was that several office workers, receptionists and support staff were let go at a few magazines to "cut costs". But, the plan by upper management was to use junior and senior level college students as unpaid interns to fill the slots by offering internships year round rather than just during the summer, they would do 6, 2 mo. ones a year. The lack of ethics involved with the maneuver was enough to turn my hair gray, especially seeing as I would very much like to find a support position at a magazine. So, what I'm saying, I guess, is that it could be worse... they could hoist interns on you to fill in the blanks!

Good luck, I'm sure you'll be fine!

~K~

~Kiervin~

Co-author of:  MONSTER'S INK HORROR ANTHOLOGY By Cyber-Pulp Press