off topic quiz: name that tune

iVillage Member
off topic quiz: name that tune
Wed, 04-09-2003 - 4:12pm
this will get that song out of your heads...whoever can name the artist and song for each of the following lyrics wins! no cheating by using the internet!

1. got my first real six string, down at the five and dime, played it till my fingers bled...

2. My heart is drenched in wine, But you'll be on my mind, Forever

3. Everything changes but beauty remains, Something so tender, I can't explain, Well I may be dreaming but till I awake -- Can we make this dream last forever, And I'll cherish all the love we share

4. Once upon a time, Not so long ago, Tommy used to work on the docks -- Union's been on strike, He's down on his luck...it's tough, so tough. Gina works the diner all day,

Working for her man, she brings home her pay. For love - for love

5. Well, you can tell by the way I use my walk, I'm a woman's man: no time to talk.

6. Oh, we danced through the night, And we held each other tight, And before too long I fell in love with her...

i hope these aren't too easy for you guys - i went easy on you!

iVillage Member
Wed, 04-09-2003 - 4:33pm
I'm so bad with lyrics!

Okay:

1) Bryan Adam's summer of '69. I used to be a Bryan Adams fan (should I admit it?).

2-5) I have no clue

6) Beatles' Saw Her Standing There (is that the title?)

iVillage Member
Thu, 04-10-2003 - 10:13am
those are both right.

i was a huge bryan adams fan too! he was the first concert i ever went to. i used to cry when i heard the song "heaven." i only liked his first two albums though, after than he went downhill.

iVillage Member
Thu, 04-10-2003 - 10:48am
I stopped listening to him after his first couple of albums. I saw him in concert, too. I was on crutches (that was right after breaking my ankle)--it just takes away from a concert when you can't move well.

iVillage Member
Thu, 04-10-2003 - 12:05pm
1. got my first real six string, down at the five and dime, played it till my fingers bled...

Brian Adams-- Summer of '69.

2. My heart is drenched in wine, But you'll be on my mind, Forever

You got me, who is this?

3. Everything changes but beauty remains, Something so tender, I can't explain, Well I may be dreaming but till I awake -- Can we make this dream last forever, And I'll cherish all the love we share

Kelly Clarkson-- A Moment Like This (have I mentioned how impressed I was that she won!)

4. Once upon a time, Not so long ago, Tommy used to work on the docks -- Union's been on strike, He's down on his luck...it's tough, so tough. Gina works the diner all day,

Working for her man, she brings home her pay. For love - for love

Bon Jovi-Half Way There (is that the name?)

5. Well, you can tell by the way I use my walk, I'm a woman's man: no time to talk.

Bee-Gee's--Staying Alive

6. Oh, we danced through the night, And we held each other tight, And before too long I fell in love with her...

Beatles--Saw her standing there... and I cut my teeth on the Beatles, my step-mum was a brit and a huge fan. She saw them in Liverpool before they got their big break!!!

~Kiervin~

Co-author of:  MONSTER'S INK HORROR ANTHOLOGY By Cyber-Pulp Press

iVillage Member
Thu, 04-10-2003 - 1:17pm
i knew i could count on you, very good! the name of the bon jovi song is actually "livin' on a prayer" but close enough. number 2 was the hardest (i should have given more lyrics), but i thought i should throw a more recent hit in there, and one that people who weren't so into pop and rock might know... it's nora jones, "i don't know why."