Super Hero Friday

iVillage Member
Super Hero Friday
Fri, 04-11-2003 - 10:50am
1) What super hero would you be and why?

2) If you could have one super ability, what would it be?

3) Have you had any psychic experiences or do you think you have any psychic abilities?

4) If you could time travel but not be able to come back, would you?

5) Which super hero do you think is in the best shape?

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-11-2003 - 11:23am

**** Probably Fire Girl from the X-Men. I'm not big on super heros but she seems to be the coolest of the bunch.

**** I would love to have the ability to become invisible.

3) Have you had any psychic experiences or do you think you have any psychic abilities?

**** No

**** No, I'm pretty satisfied with my current life.

**** I sort of have a crush on GoKu of Dragonball Z.

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-11-2003 - 11:29am
of any superhero, i'd most like to be bubbles the powerpuff girl. they have cool powers, but they still get to have normal lives too and be girly girls. plus she is a team with her sisters, it's not all on her shoulders alone. and i just like the powerpuff girls.

i'd like to be able to instantly transport myself anywhere. (no more commuting to work!) being able to fly like the powerpuff girls would be almost as good.

i have possibly had psychicy-type things happen. i think i've had dreams that have come true when i was young. i suspect that i knew my boyfriend in a past life even though i never believed in past lives before i met him. there are other things but can't think of them now.

no, i would not time travel. put aside the monkey's paw problem with that, i personally don't think any period is any better or worse than any other. the present is what we make of it.

hmmm, all the superheros seem to be in pretty good shape. maybe batman has to be in the best shape, cuz he doesn't have super powers like superman, spiderman, et al.

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-11-2003 - 12:26pm
I only know the old superheroes.

*****Spiderman--I'd love to be able to climb walls! I also loved swinging on the trapeze and he can do it everywhere!

*****Never get injured or sick!!!

*****No, not even deja vue.:-(

****No, don't even have to think about that one

*****The guys are all pretty close, but why isn't Wonder Woman more buff? She doesn't have much muscle tone. I think she should look like Linda Hamilton in her built days.

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-11-2003 - 12:43pm

Rogue from X-men cause she can do anything that anyone she touches can. Then I'd be feeling up all the other superheros!

I'll take healing for 1000. I'm a reformed fantasy gamer (evercrack) and loved playing a cleric because I could heal folks by mashing a button. It would be cool to have the ability to heal someone by touch and help others without all that yicky biology to learn!

Other than the vague sense of unease that seems to come right before trouble, nope. Jen, you and I should talk, I've had a book on the back burner similar to what you described about your BF. Must get how you met from you to integrate if you don't mind:)

Can I take my family? Then heck yeah, we like adventures!

Hmmm... Wolverine if he shaved once in awhile (too scruffy) would have definate hottie potential. I like em big and stupid... (Hey Jen, recognize that song?)

Along this line of thought, anyone else excited about the new X men movie? Man, I saw the trailer when we went to see a flick a few weeks ago and almost wet myself. Nightcrawler is so cool!!!

~K~

~Kiervin~

Co-author of:  MONSTER'S INK HORROR ANTHOLOGY By Cyber-Pulp Press

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-11-2003 - 1:31pm
no i don't recognize the song, what is it?? tell me tell me! i'll email you about reincarnation.
iVillage Member
Fri, 04-11-2003 - 2:34pm
Argh, there was this song that I think Julie Brown (no, not that stupid "downtown" julie brown, the funny one who sings the blonde song on Earth Girls Are Easy) once sang that goes something like, "I like em big and stupid. I like em big and REAL dumb. I like em big and stupid...." and so on. I giggle everytime I think of it. One of those stupid 80's songs that sticks in your head. Like the Blonde song, which I hate to say we sing beind Molly's back periodically.

The basic premise of the book, that I've promised a friend to write so she can read it finally (poor thing, I bounced it off her three years ago then never wrote it) is that there is a couple who is destined for eachother but they keep messing it up in each life. He's the Roman soldier who slays the Christian woman (her) in the games. Plague, famine, all kinds of things that if they had made just one decision differently would have not happened to them. The female daughter of a slave owner who falls for the young black man but won't go against society, you get the point. Anyway, they know every time they die who they are and what they've done wrong but keep getting messing it up with selfishness, etc. (of course I'm leaving tons out of this description for obvious reasons) Anyway, they finally "get it right" in the end, but not after we see all the ugliness and heartbreak that they go through because of making the wrong decisions.

I don't know, it seemed like a good premise at the time. Of course, I've been so immersed in Duty's Call and The Final Ascension for so long I'm not sure I can write about anyone else. And, I swear Nathlin is going to haunt my every step until I write his book... of course, I could have worse imaginary characters haunting me.

~K~

~Kiervin~

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-11-2003 - 2:42pm
hey i just noticed that the most important part of the email i sent you got cut off! the part about reincarnation! how odd. email me back so i don't have to use the weird ivillage response thing and i'll fill in what got cut out!
iVillage Member
Fri, 04-11-2003 - 5:29pm
Don't you hate when that happens? I just replied actually before checking the board!

~K~

~Kiervin~

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-11-2003 - 8:07pm
That sounds like a cool book. Have you read the Kitchen God's Wife by Amy Tan? I think that's the one about reincarnation and people meant to be together.