Forgot that yesterday was my goal day

iVillage Member
Forgot that yesterday was my goal day
Fri, 04-11-2003 - 1:56pm
Thursday was going to be my day to conscientiously give up processed, refined foods and I completely forgot. But, as I go over my day, I think the only thing I had that was really processed was popcorn, low fat microwave and only a handful. It surprises me, actually. We even went to McDonald's for dinner (I'm a bad mom :-( ). I normally get the grilled chicken shaker salad but they don't have that anymore. I got the new grilled chicken salad which is the same thing, I guess, on a plate. Oh, that grilled chicken breast is probably pretty processed, too, but not compared to the rest of the food there.

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-11-2003 - 3:15pm
very good for forgetting to try!! yesterday was my "no processed food except soymilk" day too and yum it was good!

i ate:

breakfast - coffee w/ soymilk, watermelon, banana, strawberries, grapes

lunch - veggie stirfry over brown rice, smoothie (frozen fruit + soymilk)

snack - mixed nuts and dried fruit

first round - nuked brussel sprouts with a bit of olive oil, salt and pepper (yum! just as good as with earth balance)

second round - nuked asparagus (cut up) with pinto beans, with a bit of olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper. this was SO good. i could eat it every day.

dessert - a banana with warmed natural peanut butter and a little maple syrup spread on top, sprinkled with wheat germ. it was pretty sticky, so i ate it with a mug of warm soymilk spiced with some nutmeg.