anyone have a GOOD weekend?

iVillage Member
anyone have a GOOD weekend?
Mon, 04-14-2003 - 9:53am
no other accidents or injuries i hope! i had a good day yesterday - it was SO nice out!! took the dog for a hike in the woods and then gave her a much needed bath. then rode my bike up to the gym (easy ride - 3.5 miles each way) and did the strength training workout that i missed last tuesday. i really lingered, doing stretchs while reading a copy of sport's illustrated for women that i found there. that was a cool magazine, i think a lot of you would like it. that issue at least had a lot about outdoor sports like rockclimbing, mountain trekking.

judie, did you get on your bike as planned?

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-14-2003 - 10:36am
It poured it, but that means more snow in the Sierras--I'm still hoping to squeeze in one more trip, but it's not looking good. I had a great workout both Sat and Sunday. I tried those drop sets w/ assisted pulls and pushups on one day that Soleil recommended. They were great! Thanks, soleil!

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-14-2003 - 12:04pm
Wow, I never thought of that! How sad to see your fun melting away while the rest of the world cheers spring! Glad to hear you got a good workout in, though.

~K~

~Kiervin~

Co-author of:  MONSTER'S INK HORROR ANTHOLOGY By Cyber-Pulp Press

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-14-2003 - 1:26pm
YES YES YES! Not quite a la Meg Ryan in When Harry Met Sally, but still pretty darned joyful!

I put in 15 miles yesterday in bright sun and *am not sore at all*--yippee! Those chamois shorts have been worthwhile so far, but methinks I want some chamois cream or I need to go commando (that's recommended anyway) just because I've got leftover chafing, which I wouldn't normally have from 15 miles in gym shorts (but I'd have a sore butt).

It was a great ride, I was reveling in just being outside with nowhere in particular to go and no particular time to be home, wandering through neighborhoods (okay, I was lost) in my bright yellow jersey looking like a doof. I got it up to 23 mph on flat ground and a straight road (no cars), it was just so totally cool to be out.

So that's my start, I'm planning to bike again tonight as part of my training for the ride, the schedule has me at 6 or 10 miles, which is a piece of cake, but this Saturday's miles are supposed to be 30--I'm not seeing that happening in the neighborhoods, so I may have to put the rack on the car and go to an official bike path on Saturday morning early, if it's not raining or snowing (it's still Chicago in April, we had snow last week!).

Otherwise I worked on my afghan, made dinner for E and I last night, cleaned the house, spent time with my sister and her daughter (who is still afraid of Auntie Judie), caught up with a dear old friend (who went shopping for bike shorts with me--he needed out of the house for a cheap thrill!), watched 2 movies with E, and I'm starting to enjoy life again. I DID have a good weekend!

I hope everybody else's Mondays are as gorgeous as ours is (record highs and sunny)! Have a great one even if it's not...

Judie

Judie Image hosted by Photobucket.com

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-14-2003 - 2:28pm
It was a wonderful, but tiring weekend. It was absolutely gorgeous. I did a 75 min. cardio class & an hour of weights & stretching Sat. a.m., took 4 feet of Trouble on a power walk/hike/quest for bunnies & field mice (he just chases, never catches) & ran some errands. Did an hr. cardio class Sun. a.m. & spent the rest of the day golfing (shot my best game ever EVEN if we had scored our games honestly - AND it was my first time out this year).

By the by, SI for Women IS a great mag. I've been picking up since it first came out. Good choice for women that are more outdoor activity oriented.

Soleilune