Passover!

iVillage Member
Passover!
Thu, 04-17-2003 - 9:04am
I am staying with the low carb plan due to passover, if it works I am stickin to it, currently I am noshing on chop liver and egg matzo
iVillage Member
Thu, 04-17-2003 - 12:24pm
Just don't short yourself! My hubby got stupid, literally, when he had to trim carbs for fast weight loss for modeling gig. It was ugly and convinced me of the theory that we need them:)

~K~

~Kiervin~

Co-author of:  MONSTER'S INK HORROR ANTHOLOGY By Cyber-Pulp Press

iVillage Member
Thu, 04-17-2003 - 5:26pm
I hope you mean starchy carbs, not carbs in general. Don't forget veggies & fruit are carbs. They're important for so many reasons - they provide dietary fibre, vitamins, minerals, phytonutrients, etc. & carbs are our #1 energy source. I'm sure you already know all that though. Starches are a formidable foe in most of our personal "Battles of the Bulge", but other complex carbs are more good than evil. If you're worried about your weight gain, it's probably almost all fluids. Don't let it get you down. Just drink tons of water & try to keep your sodium intake down.

Like Jen, I don't know what to wish you at Passover, so L'chaim, instead. I must add, good for your Mom, keeping up the Jewish traditions. My one sister & I are both married to RCs. Her kids all go/went to Catholic school & although I'm closer to being Buddhist than anything else, my son has been baptised & we occasionally attend church (used to go regularly). I feel kids can only benefit from an open accepting attitude towards all beliefs & from one parent respecting the other's faith. I know I do.

Good luck & take care.

p.s. - How are things going on the other board?

Soleilune
iVillage Member
Fri, 04-18-2003 - 12:47pm
Yes upping my veg and fruit intake as well, I meant simple sugars when I said Carbs. My other board stinky poo poos because my co cl has posted a whole once since she has been a cl... we have 2 regulars but its very slow. Stop by and give some advice okay? you are great!