thursday LOG

iVillage Member
thursday LOG
Thu, 04-17-2003 - 9:35am
this morning did interval step class (led the warmup) which also included some upper body work and abs. decided it was ok to do light upper body since my strength training workout is only like 5 hours later in the day, so i'll count it all as one workout.

bodysculpting at 11:45 followed by some 20lb assisted chin ups. last time i think i did about two sets of 5. but i still think i can only do one (and a half!) unassisted.

WWGRD (what would a gym rat do?) moments: need to do as many warmups and classes as possible, so i set the alarm for *5 am* to make 6 am class this morning (this is a big WWGRD moment for me, i'm NOT a morning person) and then when i got to class it was a sub that i had never met before. i almost didn't ask to do the warmup because i was too shy to talk to her, but (2nd WWGRD moment) i got up enough courage and introduced myself to her, etc. etc. 3rd WWGRD moment - just found out there's no hot water in the gym downstairs but i'm going to bodysculpting anyway, even though it means a freezing cold shower!!

Edited 4/17/2003 9:37:26 AM ET by jenindc

iVillage Member
In reply to: jenindc
Thu, 04-17-2003 - 11:27am
WWGRD!!! That's funny! Well, this gymrat would have stayed in bed, nice and toasty warm, but thumbs up for you for doing all three. I might get some skating in this afternoon, but today's normally my day off.

iVillage Member
Thu, 04-17-2003 - 12:21pm
Whoa, way to go! Sorry I can't feel sympathy about your alarm, that's the time that I get up every day, but I suppose if I had to get up at 3 or 4 to go work out I'd be sorely tempted to just stay in bed like Jean! Way to stick with it though! *clap clap clap clap*

Judie

Judie Image hosted by Photobucket.com

iVillage Member
Thu, 04-17-2003 - 12:34pm
You get the gold star for the day!!! Ultimate gym rat! That's called commitment and determination. I think you should pound on your chest and roar or grunt or something...
iVillage Member
Thu, 04-17-2003 - 5:00pm
WWGRD. I like it. I think it should become an official abbreviation. One often followed by LOL!

I'm proud of you. Just so you know I occasionally teach classes at 5:30am, so I can sympathize. As a matter of fact in two weeks I've got one. Who's getting up at 4:30am w/ me? ;-)

I'm glad you got the nerve to talk to the sub. How did things go? You didn't say.

Soleilune
iVillage Member
Thu, 04-17-2003 - 7:55pm
2 hrs for me today--Simply Jazzercise lower impact and toning, and Jazzercise Regular!
iVillage Member
Thu, 04-17-2003 - 10:05pm
I did a one-hour Body Pump Class. If you have Body Pump in your area, you should try it. It's a great class.
iVillage Member
Fri, 04-18-2003 - 10:16am
I ended up doing another 10.8 miles on the LifeCycle plus a good set of abs. So far my mileage is right on target for this week, but I'm going to miss the ten that I'm supposed to get today and probably the ten scheduled for Sunday. Tomorrow is supposed to be 30 miles! And after that, a trip to REI to shop for SO's birthday present...a new tent! And I'd imagine I'll cruise through their cycling shop...

Have a great day everyone!

Judie

Judie Image hosted by Photobucket.com

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-18-2003 - 12:22pm
I did 30 minutes chest, back, and abs