Ideal bodies

iVillage Member
Ideal bodies
Thu, 04-17-2003 - 11:39am
Soleil's post about what her husband likes in a woman got me thinking of this.

1) What is your SO's ideal body type in a woman? Does it match yours?

2) What is your ideal body type in a man? Do it match your SO?

If you don't have an SO, what is your ideal body type for a man?

Pages

iVillage Member
In reply to: cl_jeanwl
Thu, 04-17-2003 - 11:47am

*** My husband likes a woman with a firm body, especially firm legs. He also likes a woman's body to have smooth curves. I think I have some work to do, but he thinks I'm right where I need to be.

2) What is your ideal body type in a man? Does it match your SO?

*** I like a man with strong arms and a muscular back. Nice legs are important too. DH, looked like that when we first met, but a lot has changed in BOTH of us during the last 10 years. Even so, he is still my ideal man ;)

iVillage Member
Thu, 04-17-2003 - 12:17pm
Good questions Jean!

My SO is a butt man. Good thing I've got one! ;) He likes women who are curvy but SOLID, he's got no affinity for skinny minnies that can't stand up to the rigors of backpacking and whatever other athletic activities he needs a partner for. I'm not curvy by my own standards, but apparently I am by his. I suppose the only area I lack to meet his idea is in the breast department. All I can do is sculpt my pecs and wear pushup bras, he'll just have to deal! ;)

I love men with broad shoulders and meaty arms. I like the T-shape--broad shoulders with a slim waist, physically my SO is my ideal man (he's pretty close not physically too). Meaty muscular thighs don't hurt either, they match mine and I don't feel like a heifer next to him, but his definition is so much better than mine (he only puts fat in his butt and on his lower back, so his leg and arm muscles are beautiful).

I guess we match, eh? :)

Judie

Judie Image hosted by Photobucket.com

iVillage Member
Thu, 04-17-2003 - 12:35pm
Can you say durable? LOL. It is a running joke around here that we only like durable things, including people and pets. While Greg appreciates slender, well-muscled (not the stick thin) women (think muscle and fitness hers) he is more concerned with my living as long as him than he is with appearance. Even at my smallest I was somewhat chubby and curvy, which he seems to like. (Which was a surprise since all his previous girlfriends looked like they stepped off a magazine page and had NO bodies.) I'm partial to him in all ways. When he's working out he is well muscled, proportioned just right and strong, but even when he's not it is very nice to be able to curl up against a broad chest and feel dwarfed (not an easy task at my height/size, but I do). We chose our puppy based on size potential, big paws and round with a good pound or two on his siblings. We like things that aren't gonna break easily. Thank goodness both kids were pushing 10 pounds, I saw a premie and almost hyperventilated, small things scare me!

~K~

~Kiervin~

Co-author of:  MONSTER'S INK HORROR ANTHOLOGY By Cyber-Pulp Press

iVillage Member
Thu, 04-17-2003 - 1:11pm

I don't know if he has an ideal but he loves butt and boobs and well you know...

I don't have one, seriously, I have dated my share and they all have different body types and looks... Mike is my one and only now and forver.

iVillage Member
Thu, 04-17-2003 - 1:42pm
i'm not sure exactly what his ideal type is, he's kind of vague about those things. i know he doesn't like skinny minnies, but i suspect his ideal is not a very muscular bodybuilder type woman. he's said that when we met i was his ideal type, which was about the same dress size i am now, but less muscular and a little curvier/rounder/softer. on the other hand he tells me how good i look now ALL the time. so i'm guessing he likes women anywhere from "healthy weight but curvy and soft" to "toned and trim, yet with feminine proportions"

i'm really weird about the kind of body i like on guys. i don't like big defined muscles like a lot of military guys have but i also don't like skinny guys. i definitely want a guy wider than me. just to look at, i like guys who are defined but not built, like swimmers often are, or david duchovny or ty the carpenter from trading spaces ;)

...but in real life, for some reason my SO is my exact ideal, particularly his face, but also his body. plus most of the other guys i've been very attracted to have had a similar body type. it's hard to explain the type though -- they have muscles but they aren't real cut, they are more on the stout side. i'm trying to think of an example, but you don't often see this type without his shirt on! it's kinda just "average guy" - i'm guessing maybe pierce brosnan might have this type of body?

iVillage Member
Thu, 04-17-2003 - 4:24pm

As I mentioned, Hubby likes short, shapely blondes. He likes Meg Ryan types. I'm a little more muscular than what he professes to like (he doesn't like the women in fitness mags), but he seems unaware. (Just as he was when I was hiding my figure under another 25-30lbs. of fat.) I'm lucky enough that he loves me from the inside out, instead of vice versa, so all the changes my body has gone through have passed virtually unnoticed.

I like tall, lean men, a swimmer's body I guess that have intelligent faces (a la Clint Eastwood & Paul Newman a decade or two ago). Hubby could use a wee bit o' muscle, but otherwise he is my ideal. He's got a runners body, beautiful legs. He has a wonderful face that improves w/ age (again a la Eastwood/Newman - they looked better in middle age than when they were younger).

Edited 4/17/2003 4:30:53 PM ET by soleilune

Soleilune
iVillage Member
Thu, 04-17-2003 - 4:25pm

I don't think I'm my husband's ideal before he met me, which would be long and leaner, but I think he's changed. We joke about that list from Friends, you know, the five people you can sleep w/ and not have repercussions. Top of his list was Jane Seymour. Isn't she well into her 50's?!?!?! At least I don't have to worry about aging. I gave him Elle McPherson as a freebie because I think she looks great.

I like guys who are long, lean and muscular. I like nice definition, but I don't like overly muscular, kind of like I like for myself. My husband could be that, but he doesn't lift anymore. He plays racquetball but that's all.

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-18-2003 - 6:27am

Oh yeah... Pierce Brosnan. He's SO average. LOL!

Sadly, my SO is an ass man. Even more sadly, I come from a long line of flat butts. Since I'm about 30 lbs overweight, there's a bit more there, though the weight seems to make the flatness spread, not stick out a la JLo... on the skinnier members of my family, the butt pretty much disappears. My dad always looks like he has a little hollow. All I have to offer are enormous breasts. :)

Funny about my ideal body type. I always, ALWAYS used to go for pretty skinny guys who were in good shape. David Duchovny and some Olympic swimmers would be my ideal. But since I've been with John, I realize how much I like someone with a bit more meat on him... wide shoulders, bit of a gut but not too much. I guess I'm more the teddy bear type than I ever realized.

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-18-2003 - 10:55am
Flat butts! I'm trying to buy a new pair of jeans or I never look at myself from behind, but I just noticed mine is really flat and goes out wide. When did that happen??? Or maybe it's always been that way...

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-18-2003 - 12:24pm
i think mine is getting flatter than it used to be. the part that used to be nice and round out back is spreading out to all sides.

Pages