Have a wonderful Long Weekend, Ladies!

iVillage Member
Have a wonderful Long Weekend, Ladies!
Thu, 04-17-2003 - 5:42pm
I hope everyone has a great weekend no matter the holiday. For myself, I was intending to golf tomorrow & Sunday, but w/ all the snow that fell last night & this morning I don't think I'll be golfing tomorrow. Darn! After this coming Sun. I don't get anytime off until sometime in May. Oh, well. There's still Sun. to look forward to & I need a full day's recuperation after yesterday's workout. No classes/clients, the car was in the shop, so I went to the gym to do my own thing. Whew! I'm a hurtin' unit today. I'm a little looser after my first 2 classes today, but my legs will probably match my upper body after tonight's kickboxing. Maybe the snow was a good thing after all.

Here's wishing y'all a wonderful, guilt-free weekend of friends, family & good eating.

Take care.

Soleilune
iVillage Member
Thu, 04-17-2003 - 5:46pm
Well, we should just switch locations! My husband is golfing today and it's beautiful here. I'm headed out on Saturday for my last ski trip. My friend and I are driving 3 1/2 hours (that's 7 hours total) to ski for the day. Decadent and crazy, but it'll be our last chance.

iVillage Member
Thu, 04-17-2003 - 7:53pm
Thanks! And you have a great weekend too. We've got no family here in WA so we're doing the holiday with friends. We're picking up our family friend from college in Seattle tomorrow, cool kid--he's volunteering today for the Seattle Housing project. Spring break they did Habitat for Humanity. Great kids! I digress.

I'm hoping he'll work on my computer for me, setting up a better home office and just bought an allinone fax, copier, scanner, photo printer. It's great to have a techno kid around.

I'm cooking my entire Easter dinner from Cooking Light magazine, have a great menu planned and I can't wait. I've been eating too many of the Easter candies from the various baskets I have around the house for decor! :o)

Saturday I'll try a new Jazzercise class then we'll get a lot of fun stuff done, it's pouring, super windy, and feels like mid-winter today. Hope that the sun comes out this weekend.

Next week I get the house ready for the housesitters that will come live her full time while we're on our hiking vacation. Clean clean clean and buy food :o).

Deb

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-18-2003 - 6:41am
Have a great weekend, everyone! I don't know if Monday is a holiday back home, but it's a UN holiday so we have it off (even though everyone here is Muslim)! Very much looking forward to the three-day weekend....

We have big plans: we're leaving in a few hours to drive to Sarajevo with a few friends, one of whom is leaving Kosovo for good so this is our last hurrah. I'm still not sure about the logistics of this trip -- 5 people, one of whom is 6'7", plus luggage, plus all of my friend's clothing, books, music, and other stuff he's moving with him... all in a VW Passat. For 8? 10? 12? hours! I'm excited, though, since the route takes us through the mountains of western Kosovo and the much-hyped scenery (mountains and canyons and fjords, oh my!) of Montenegro. I hear great things about Sarajevo, so we're very much looking forward to the trip... even the 12 hour overnight bus that we'll have to take to get back here for work on Tuesday! My SO has high hopes for the travel Scrabble that he's packed and I think we're going to have to let him down gently.

Hope all of you have happy, relaxing, and warm weekends! Bite the head off of a bunny for me!

~ Vanessa

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-18-2003 - 10:56am
Let us know about Sarajevo. I've heard it was beautiful at one time. I miss traveling and would love to do it vicariously. Have fun!

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-18-2003 - 2:12pm
happy easter to those who celebrate it and everyone have a good weekend! i'm very excited for my weekend. probably go to the gym with the bf tonight - haven't gone together in a long time because he's been so busy building a fence for our pup (that's a workout in itself, particularly all the digging!)

tomorrow i'll hopefully do a warm up for advanced step class (btw yesterday went well, getting more confident all the time!) then an anti-circus vigil, then volunteering at the nursing home, then date night with my smoochypants. phew that's a lot for one day! hopefully i'll also find some time to go out to the thrift store somewhere in there.

sunday, hopefully a warm up and maybe one combo for the hi/lo class, brunch catching up with an old friend, then to the bf's family's house (an hour and a half away) for easter dinner. it'll be the first time i'm meeting his new nephew who was born in january. hopefully he won't poop or puke on me.

iVillage Member
Sat, 04-19-2003 - 12:50pm
I hope that you held up to all the classes and get some quality rest this weekend since golfing is out! I've never managed to get hooked into it, but have several cups/trophies from hubby's grandfather from Scotland tournies lying around! His father is a big golf buff and has devoted his retirement to making the masters (LOL).

I hope that everyone has a great weekend.

I've got a planning meeting today for the graduation ceremonies on the Hawaii Loa campus. It is just about one of my favorite places on island, so I'm happy. Daughter has rehersal for her play, then I think we are going to start on that downstairs room. The van was totaled, it will be another three weeks before we close on the house and get a feel for what/if anything is left over to pick up another car for me. (I'm not getting a new one this time, this was just too yucky to reconcile. I want a used jeep or hubby's rodeo and he can get another convertable for himself.) So, I'll be working out at home in the interim. The pain has lifed, I can move everything how it should be and even sleep drug free again, so I'm ready to get back moving. The bruises are even getting that green look, so they will fade soon! It was a cruddy week with no workouts AND my period, ick. But, I digress, as usual. I'm hoping we can clear out the downstairs room today/tomorrow and get the wall mount for the television up and get the tv hung and tapes shelved and I can workout by monday at the latest! It is all a blessing in disguise, I've been meaning to get that room done since we decided to buy, now it will be done because I can't go anywhere for a bit. And, I did start Ever and Again this week, so that is a good thing. I got the first chapter/life lived done and am working on linking to the second. It is going to run short though, so I'll be doing major rewrites eventually.

~K~

~Kiervin~

Co-author of:  MONSTER'S INK HORROR ANTHOLOGY By Cyber-Pulp Press