Workout Plans this week?

iVillage Member
Workout Plans this week?
Mon, 04-21-2003 - 11:36am
What are your plans this week? Adding anything different?

It's spring break so it's going to be hard to get to the gym. I've been doing pushups, abs, and tricep dips at home and I'll try to get to the gym at least once before the weekend, in addition to skating on Tuesday. We're going swimming this morning, too, but I just get to run around after them.

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-21-2003 - 12:13pm
I'm pretty pain free, finally. I felt like I was Friday and tried to do some stretching and was dismayed to find that I ended up needing drugs to sleep again. I'm ok now though, just a bit tight and in need of exercise. Don't think pull-ups or lat pull downs are on the agenda yet, that back/shoulder area may need a bit longer before I stress it too much.

This week I'm hoping to get the den done and start putting it to use. I have the firm system that I'm planning on doing daily. I'm going to see if running is possible, my knee didn't hurt at all the last one I took. But, that is the first time in 4 years it hasn't so I'm not sure how it will all work out! The city rec center is about a mile away, I'm going to see if I can run there and check out their gym. We have such a nice one at the base that I've never checked it out, but it is close enough to run/walk to and work out, I think... I need to check their hours. Who knows, this accident may cause me to become MORE active to get to the gym!!! And, if all else fails I'll run the stairs of the complex (4 sets spread over the grounds that are 30+ steps each, If I run them right it is all uphill to get to each set) or go pool walking (which is an entirely under-rated form of exercise that really seems to tighten me up!) since the pool is getting warm again!

So, my plans? Do anything and everything I can to keep active while I'm stuck around the house!

~K~

~Kiervin~

Co-author of:  MONSTER'S INK HORROR ANTHOLOGY By Cyber-Pulp Press

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-21-2003 - 12:37pm
Today I may possibly go to yoga or elliptial

Tommorow I should go to pilates

Wednesday I shall take off and go to the Dave Shappel stand up act

Thursday I shall go to the docs and find out my vitals and kickbox

Friday I shall take off

Saturday I shall spin
iVillage Member
Mon, 04-21-2003 - 12:59pm
I don't feel like doing anything but I will have to go for a run at some point today. My running days are Mon, Wed, and Fri. Tues, Thurs, and Sat are weight training days. Mondays are so difficult and I didn't get much sleep last night. I hope I feel the urge to go to the gym soon. I hate having to MAKE myself workout, I just don't enjoy it as much as when I really want to go. I have the Monday blahs-don't want to be bothered with anyone-don't mess with me attitude today. Hope it passes soon...
iVillage Member
Mon, 04-21-2003 - 1:49pm
just got back from step, bailed out of abs in a very ungymrat-like moment. tonight i have instructor training.

tomorrow is bodyscupting class (strength training) during lunch and a trip to the gym to do cardio machines in the evening with my bf - we didn't go friday and i haven't done the cardio machines in forever.

wednesday is kickboxing in the afternoon, probably do the warm up and maybe a combo for hi/lo class at 5:45, then step at 7:05. i'm going to skip the 6:30 mini sculpt class that gave me so much "rest scheduling" trouble a few weeks ago and take a break and stretch during that time while i wait for step. i might start teaching that 5:45 class on alternate weeks soon!!

thursday is bodysculpting class during lunch. maybe wake up early to do warm up for the 6:00 am step interval class if i'm not totally pooped by then.

friday is step and abs.

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-21-2003 - 3:08pm
I think I might be a gym rats want to be after reading those earlier posts. Hopefully they will motivate me to become true blue.

I did a bike trail ride for 20 miles yesterday.

Today I did a 20 minute walk. I plan to do the cardio bike for 30 minutes later today.

Tommorrow I was going to try for weight lifting and a brief walk.

Wednesday...adding in a light jog with the walk.

Thursday...trail walk

Friday...mall walk

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-21-2003 - 3:21pm
I'm adding my SO's 29th birthday (dum da dum dum...) in place of Wednesday's ride, so right now it's looking like today's a day off (need it after being away from home all day yesterday), Tuesday and Thursday are ride 12/run 3/lift, Wednesday is all his, I might get just a ride (12) in on Friday if I can forego dinner out, and Saturday is supposed to be 34 miles (crossing my fingers on the weather).

That's what my week looks like!

Judie

Judie Image hosted by Photobucket.com

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-21-2003 - 3:33pm
I'm glad you're feeling better! I'm doing the same thing--anything and everything to stay active around the house. We didn't go swimming because it started raining. It's supposed to shower all week and the kids are home.:-(

But, I had a WWGRD moment, pulled out my free weights and did my weight workout at home. I only have 10 pound weights, though, so I also did two sets of 25 military pushups, 2 sets of 25 tricep dips on the stairs, a lot of abs, and tried to teach the children how to do them. It's not the same as the gym, but it works when I'm stuck at home in the rain.

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-21-2003 - 3:37pm
I have days like that, too, especially on Mondays. One reason classes work for me, though I haven't done that many lately, is that I HAVE to be there at a certain time. It gets me there.

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-21-2003 - 6:17pm
Shins feeling our Easter power walk / hike this morning. I'll have my normal fitness schedule this week, about 12 classes. Have to get the house ready for our housesitters, we leave next week for our hiking trip. Which will of course shake up my fitness routine in a very good way. Deb