What about a S & M workout (joke)

iVillage Member
What about a S & M workout (joke)
Mon, 04-21-2003 - 2:13pm
NEW YORK (Reuters) - Talk about getting whipped into shape.

Students at "Slavercise," a class in New York combining sadomasochism and exercise, get a physical workout by "submitting" to the orders and whims of a dominatrix named Mistress Victoria.

She orders the class around with a riding crop, dangerously pointed stiletto heels and, naturally, a dominating manner.

"If you don't keep up, you get punished," she warned her students at a recent class, which she oversaw with a nonstop string of insults and orders. "I don't want to hear any whimpering. You're here to suffer.

"I expect complete obedience, or I'll give you a good spanking," she said. "Do what I tell you to do. I don't care if it hurts."

Suffer and obey they do, and they do so happily.

Clad in face masks, dog collars, rubber suits and other sartorial S&M paraphernalia, Mistress Victoria's students run through the exercise regimen, knowing any slacking off will bring her wrath down upon them.

"Anybody is going to pay more attention to their fitness instructor if she's got a riding crop in her hand and is wearing leather and stilettos," she said.

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-21-2003 - 2:30pm
Thanks for jump starting my day.

This is my first day on this board. I'm glad to see humor mixed with the pain. ;)

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-21-2003 - 3:07pm
Thanks for stopping by, this is a great place to ask questions, get tips and support. Keep on posting!

Alana

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-21-2003 - 3:29pm
Welcome! It's great to have newbies, especially ones who have a sense of humor. Maybe Alana and I should be Dominatrix Alana and Dominatrix Jean (what's the plural of that dominatrices?).

iVillage Member
Tue, 04-22-2003 - 12:40pm
Ahh...so I'm not the only one. I don't wear leather or stilettos to work, but my clients have been known to call me Mistress & are often heard begging for mercy. ;-)
Soleilune
iVillage Member
Tue, 04-22-2003 - 1:28pm
Absolutely priceless! Thanks for sharing that! And welcome to our newcomer! And, one final thing, Sol, why am I not surprised you make your clients beg for mercy? ROFLMBO!

~K~

~Kiervin~

Co-author of:  MONSTER'S INK HORROR ANTHOLOGY By Cyber-Pulp Press

iVillage Member
Wed, 04-23-2003 - 3:48pm
Oddly enough, I had two new people join my kickboxing class. After they asked one of the other participants if they'd found the right place they asked how her how the class was. I didn't catch the first part of the response, but the last part was, " Call her Mrs. Mistress."
Soleilune
iVillage Member
Wed, 04-23-2003 - 4:18pm
If someone told me they called an instructor "Mrs. Mistress", I'd make a point of getting to that class. It's a good sign that it's a great workout!

iVillage Member
Wed, 04-23-2003 - 4:44pm
I constantly remind my people that if anything hurts they should stop. Safety & good form are always my top priorities. However, I feel they should make the most of our time together & encourage them to work at a level of intensity that allows them to make it through the workout, but unable to go a minute more. Also, I am an absolute fiend about form & design workouts in such a way that people maintain excellent form, but are groaning w/ fatigue & 'muscle burn' at the end of their time w/ me. It may sound like I'm tooting my own horn, but I'm sure a lot of people consider me a real b***h of an instructor/trainer. Personality is not my strong point when I'm working. Not to say I don't praise & encourage them constantly, I do, but I can be very serious & straight forward & feel that anything worth doing is worth doing right & at 100% of one's ability. That ability varies from person to person, day to day, so I always provide options, but still encourage folks to workout in the safest, most efficient level possible. Personally, I like going to classes led by dynamic, outgoing instructors, but am not that type myself. Ah well, I'm lucky that there's enough masochists out there to keep me in business. ;-)
Soleilune
iVillage Member
Thu, 04-24-2003 - 10:18am
Can I come to Canada and take your classes? lol... You sound like EXACTLY my kind of instructor--no coddling please! I love the Mistress part...

Judie

Judie Image hosted by Photobucket.com

iVillage Member
Thu, 04-24-2003 - 3:13pm
Anytime Judie. Just give me a little advance notice so I can make sure I've got my riding crop & steel tipped stilettos handy. ;-)
Soleilune