New Products

iVillage Member
New Products
Thu, 05-08-2003 - 10:58am
Have you found any new products that you really like and want to share? It can be food, workout related, recipes, etc.

I just bough Kashi Go Lean waffles and they were so good! I had been buying Trader Joe's blueberry waffles, but these are much better and have more fiber. Also, I tried La Tortilla factory whole wheat tortillas--60 calories, 6 grams of fiber. And, for pizza lovers, Trader Joe's has whole wheat pizza dough. It's really good and easy to make. Home made pizza in 10 minutes! I sound like an ad. Anyone else?

Edited 5/8/2003 11:26:19 AM ET by cl-jeanwl

iVillage Member
In reply to: cl_jeanwl
Thu, 05-08-2003 - 11:34am
Ooh, ooh! I do! I just discovered this software that you can install on your PC and PDA (Palm OS, not sure about PocketPC), called BalanceLog. I doubt it's new, but it's certainly new to me. I downloaded the demo and I can already tell that I'll purchase the full product. It will calculate your daily food and exercise, give you nutritional breakdowns, % of your diet coming from fat, carbs, protein, help track your food and exercise against weight management goals, all sorts of cool stuff. If you're into tracking body fat measurements, weight loss, etc., it will track that over time for you. It's very customizable as well.

I know that keeping a food and exercise journal is a really key part of losing weight, getting into shape, being healthy... but it's always been a pain for me and I never do a good job of sticking with it. This is SO easy to enter (considering that I always have my Palm with me) and it's much more accurate than me just guessing how many calories I'm eating. And, knowing that I have to log everything that goes into my mouth makes me think that much more about what I eat.

Yay for technology!

If anyone is interested, here's the website:

http://www.healthetech.com/corp/consumer/balancelog.jsp

~ Vanessa

iVillage Member
Thu, 05-08-2003 - 11:50am
That sounds like the one jen uses (I can't remember the name). Thanks for the link--I'll go check it out.

iVillage Member
Thu, 05-08-2003 - 1:35pm
that sounds like a cool thing to have. i happen to be one of the few people on the planet that doesn't have a pda (or plan on getting one) but that's one of the better uses i've ever heard of for having one.
iVillage Member
Thu, 05-08-2003 - 1:36pm
dietpower. i don't know if it's pda compatible though (nt)
iVillage Member
Thu, 05-08-2003 - 1:47pm
i'm really into these lifestream flax plus frozen waffles: 2 waffles are 240 calories, 9g fat...ingredients: Water, Whole Wheat Flour, Flour, Canola Oil, Evaporated Cane Juice, Flax Meal, Lecithin, Pineapple, Peach and Pear Juice Concentrate, Monocalcium Phosphate, Baking Soda, Oat Bran, Salt and Rice Bran Extract. they are really yummy right out of the toaster with nothing on them - taste like muffins.

funny story: lifestream makes a couple different kinds of frozen waffles, and they are all on sale this month at my co-op. i was about to buy the last two boxes of the flax ones but i had to say excuse me to a very dad looking guy who was standing there with the freezer door open pondering the waffle selection. i told my bf i'd get the last two boxes unless (turning to the man) *you* wanted one of the boxes (how nice am i?) - he paused for a second, then said, "nah, i'll just get the kids these pot waffles" and reached in and took a box of the hemp waffles. i cracked up. i don't know if it really translates to the message board but trust me in person it was very funny. only in takoma park!

iVillage Member
Thu, 05-08-2003 - 2:18pm
i am hooked on the kashi go lean crunch cereal. i haven't seen the waffles mentioned in another post but i'll be sure to look for them on my next shopping trip.
iVillage Member
Thu, 05-08-2003 - 3:53pm
I just tried the cereal, too. It's good! (nt)

iVillage Member
Thu, 05-08-2003 - 3:57pm
LOL, did his kids have pot clothes on, too? I used to buy Lifestream, a long time ago. I completely forgot about it since i haven't been to Whole Foods in a while. The Kashi ones are not vegan (I just checked).

iVillage Member
Thu, 05-08-2003 - 6:00pm
I'm a Kashi nut too....I like the regular GoLean, I eat enough to get all my fiber for the day in one meal! Eeeek. If I get home late I've got their canned shakes for dinner or to add fruit to, those are a little expensive and a little chalky, but I like them.

I'll be road-testing a Terry Bicycle seat sometime next week, I ordered a Women's Liberator Race saddle and it's got a 30 day guarantee--if I don't like it after riding it for 30 days, I can send it back for a full refund. I'm so excited! Between that and good chamois shorts, I'm aiming for the perfect ride.....

Judie

Judie Image hosted by Photobucket.com

iVillage Member
Fri, 05-09-2003 - 10:56am
This cereal is a wonderful topping for berries & yoghurt. n/t
Soleilune