College psych questions

iVillage Member
College psych questions
Fri, 05-09-2003 - 9:38am
Do you remember these from college/high school? Add to them if there are more you remember:

1) What is your favorite color and why? (I already asked for roll call, but it's the why part that's important). If you don't have one special one, pick one that you like.

2) What is your favorite animal and why?

3) When you come to a small body of water, what do you do (like jump over, walk around, etc.)

4) You're in a dark, small space. How do you feel?

iVillage Member
Fri, 05-09-2003 - 9:55am
so you are going to be able to tell us something about our personality from our answers? this should be interesting...

1) What is your favorite color and why? i really like lilac, because it's pretty.

2) What is your favorite animal and why? humans, because they are very interesting to me, in part because we seem to have transcended instinct, and also because i can communicate with and relate to them best of all animals.

3) When you come to a small body of water, what do you do (like jump over, walk around, etc.) you mean a puddle? jump over it.

4) You're in a dark, small space. How do you feel? am i alone? if so, probably either bored or sleepy.

iVillage Member
Fri, 05-09-2003 - 10:02am
No, I've never seen these questions before.

1) What is your favorite color and why? I like blue because it's calming

2) What is your favorite animal and why? I love dogs because they are protective, self-sacrificing, loyal, and so giving of their love.

3) When you come to a small body of water, what do you do (like jump over, walk around, etc.) Walk through it.

Anxious

iVillage Member
Fri, 05-09-2003 - 10:54am
1) What is your favorite color and why? (I already asked for roll call, but it's the why part that's important). If you don't have one special one, pick one that you like.

>I don't really have a favourite, but I'll say blue as it's the colour of the sky, clean water & my husband's & son's eyes.

>Once again, no real favourite but I suppose I have a preference for mammals. Why? Their intelligence & ability to feel is more obvious to me making them easier to relate to.

3) When you come to a small body of water, what do you do (like jump over, walk around, etc.)

> It depends. If the water is relatively clean & I'm bare-foot or in sandals I'll walk through it, maybe even stop to stand in it briefly. If it's dirty & I'm wearing shoes I'd try to hop over.

>As long as the space isn't physically uncomfortable (too small/hot/cold) I'd be feel fine, likely to take the time to centre myself & open my mind.

Soleilune
iVillage Member
Fri, 05-09-2003 - 11:22am
The results are in the next post. Don't read until you've already answered the questions!

iVillage Member
Fri, 05-09-2003 - 11:24am
Who you are:

1) this shows either what you are like or would like to be

2) this is what you're looking for in an SO

3) this is your attitude towards sex

4) this is your attitude towards death

There's nothing scientific about this. It's just for fun.

iVillage Member
Fri, 05-09-2003 - 11:47am
very interesting, i think that the second one definitely has validity. but what does it mean if i want to "jump over" sex? does that mean i don't like sex?
iVillage Member
Fri, 05-09-2003 - 12:15pm
Hmmm... so this means that:

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

1.I don't really want to be anything, but I could be part of nature or those I love? OK

2. want an intelligent, feeling mate? (Lucky me! I found one & he's cute but not very furry.);-)

3. Enjoy sex, but only when it's 'clean'? Well...

4. You've got me stumped on this one.

Fun & interesting, Jean. I'm curious to see the other responses, nosey-britches that I am. I hope they don't cheat though. :-o

Edited 5/9/2003 12:18:16 PM ET by soleilune

Edited 5/9/2003 12:19:34 PM ET by soleilune

Soleilune
iVillage Member
Fri, 05-09-2003 - 12:38pm

Blue, because it's calming and soothing and reminds me of the sea.

Cats, because they are cuddly and independent at the same time.

? Not sure what type of water you mean. If it's a puddle, I jump over.

Like jen, probably sleepy and cozy.

iVillage Member
Fri, 05-09-2003 - 3:44pm
I was wondering that, too. I jump over as hard as I can to do extra work so maybe I like sex that's a work out? Or maybe if you jump over, you like ...never mind, I don't want this to become an "adult" board!;-) Hey, I didn't design the test, I just vaguely remember it.