Any great workouts, accomplishments?

iVillage Member
Any great workouts, accomplishments?
Fri, 05-09-2003 - 9:40am
What are your workout plans today and this weekend? Are you getting closer to a goal? Remember to add to the push ups!

iVillage Member
Fri, 05-09-2003 - 9:45am
no real accomplishments lately with working out, i've been in maintenance mode for a while now. but i am pretty excited now that it's short sleeve/sleeveless weather to see that strength training has really paid off. i don't think my arms have ever looked as good as they do now.

today i want to make it to step during lunch, but unless i get my butt in gear and get working, i won't make it. since our schedule changed at work i often miss class on fridays. tonight i'll go to the gym and do strength training and maybe some cardio. this weekend i really have to prepare to start teaching next wednesday. maybe i'll make it to the gym, but i'm not committed to the idea. if i don't go to the gym maybe i'll play some dance dance revolution - haven't done that in a while!

iVillage Member
Fri, 05-09-2003 - 12:19pm
I'm jumping back into working out after being on vacation. Tomorrow I am lifing for one hour (powerflex for any other Bally's people) and then running 3 miles outside weather permitting or on the treadmill.

I have a wonderful accomplishment to talk about and this is the only place where I feel comfortable bragging....I wore a string bikini on vacation and have lost 6 pounds since the beginning of the year!!!!!!! I have always worn a swimsuit that provided the most coverage since I was so insecure, but I just went for it this year- bought and wore a string bikini and it was the greatest feeling! I am really feeling good about my progress, my workouts, my nutrition, and general health. I still have a few more pounds that I would like to lose but feel very confident that at this slow and steady pace I will get there.

-Jennifer

iVillage Member
Fri, 05-09-2003 - 3:42pm
Woohoo! I think kiervin was the one who said people who work out look better in swimsuits than those who are just thin. And, the best part is we're heading toward summer so you can show off as the weather gets warmer!

iVillage Member
Fri, 05-09-2003 - 4:54pm
Jen, you've mentioned dance dance revolution on a few occasions. What the heck is it?
Soleilune
iVillage Member
Fri, 05-09-2003 - 4:56pm
Good for you! n/t
Soleilune
iVillage Member
Fri, 05-09-2003 - 5:18pm
Did one hour of Jazzercise today, 45 min of latin dance routines and kickboxing, so fun, then 15 min of toning and floor work/stretch. Great class, full class, lots of energy and enthusiasm. New students were there so it was a perfect time for them to try us out.

After that I did some upper body work at home....gotta get those arms ready for Hawaii (tank tops!).

Deb

iVillage Member
Sat, 05-10-2003 - 6:56pm
it's a super fun game for playstation. you have a mat that goes on the floor that is your game controller and to play you have to follow the dance moves shown on the screen by stepping and jumping on the mat. it's actually a good workout as well - probably the only non-couch potato video game! you might have seen an arcade version in the arcades or on tv.