WWGRD Questions

iVillage Member
WWGRD Questions
Tue, 05-13-2003 - 12:58am
1) You have your heart set on doing a certain machine, but they're all taken and you have 10 minutes to wait. What do you do in the meantime?

2) It's pouring out and the nearest parking spot is a long hike. What do you do?

3) You're on your favorite machine, but feeling really tired well before your workout is over. Do you take it down a notch from normal, keep plugging, move on?

4) You're single and meet a great guy. The only night you can see each other for the next couple of weeks is during your favorite class with a great sub who doesn't teach often. What do you do?

5) You're on a machine and have finished your workout but you feel great and keep going. What do you do if someone else comes by and waits for your machine (assume there are no time limits set)?

iVillage Member
In reply to: cl_jeanwl
Tue, 05-13-2003 - 8:33am
1) You have your heart set on doing a certain machine, but they're all taken and you have 10 minutes to wait. What do you do in the meantime?

>>>ABS and stretching!

2) It's pouring out and the nearest parking spot is a long hike. What do you do?

>>>Park there and sprint!

3) You're on your favorite machine, but feeling really tired well before your workout is over. Do you take it down a notch from normal, keep plugging, move on?

>>>Cool down and get off, I know my limits.

4) You're single and meet a great guy. The only night you can see each other for the next couple of weeks is during your favorite class with a great sub who doesn't teach often. What do you do?

>>>I wouldn't take the class just for the guy, if I like the class, I take it. If I like the guy I GET HIS number.

5) You're on a machine and have finished your workout but you feel great and keep going. What do you do if someone else comes by and waits for your machine (assume there are no time limits set)?

>>>I keep pluggin!

iVillage Member
Tue, 05-13-2003 - 9:11am

any free machine

run

totally depends. probably take it down a notch.

ask him to join me in class and/or meet after class.

there are always time limits set. even if there somehow wasn't, it's implied and i would get off the machine.

iVillage Member
Tue, 05-13-2003 - 10:37am

****Warm up on another machine and stretch

****Run but if I were soaked, it would be hard to work out

I keep plugging which is probably not the safe thing, but I'm afraid if I take the lazy way out, I'll set a precedence and always take it easy.

I'd probably catch the class or ask him to join me.

I do a quick sprint and get off in less than 5 minutes.

iVillage Member
Tue, 05-13-2003 - 11:47am

*** I either go to another gym or do a different workout. I hate waiting for equipment.

*** Park in the space that's a available and hope I have an umbrella in the car.

*** Plug away as long as I can than decrease the intensity. I never give up.

*** Meet him either before or after my class. It's only an hour!

*** I'll get off of the machine and of course... WIPE OFF MY SWEAT!

iVillage Member
Tue, 05-13-2003 - 12:02pm
Wiping off the sweat is a good one to remember. I got off a machine for someone else and I thought he wanted to get going so I hopped off quickly and gave him the machine. I came back and apologized; I was so embarassed that I forgot. He just laughed. Oops.

iVillage Member
Tue, 05-13-2003 - 2:22pm

1) You have your heart set on doing a certain machine, but they're all taken and you have 10 minutes to wait. What do you do in the meantime? Are there hand weights around? If there are, I'm using them, otherwise I'm stretching, doing crunches or pushups, or choosing a different machine (this happens at my gym).

2) It's pouring out and the nearest parking spot is a long hike. What do you do? Grab my umbrella out of the backseat and hoof it. If I don't have my 'brella, I'll put up my hood and jog in.

3) You're on your favorite machine, but feeling really tired well before your workout is over. Do you take it down a notch from normal, keep plugging, move on? I'll take it down a notch and finish out my workout rather than just quit.

4) You're single and meet a great guy. The only night you can see each other for the next couple of weeks is during your favorite class with a great sub who doesn't teach often. What do you do? He'll be there later, right? We can talk on the phone! ;) A great guy would appreciate my dedication, wouldn't he?

5) You're on a machine and have finished your workout but you feel great and keep going. What do you do if someone else comes by and waits for your machine (assume there are no time limits set)? If I'm done (technically) and there aren't other machines, I'll give mine up and go do something else while I'm feeling great.

Good questions!

Judie

Judie Image hosted by Photobucket.com

iVillage Member
Tue, 05-13-2003 - 4:48pm
1) You have your heart set on doing a certain machine, but they're all taken and you have 10 minutes to wait. What do you do in the meantime?**Switch up the order of my routine... it's always good to spice things up!

2) It's pouring out and the nearest parking spot is a long hike. What do you do?**Park and RUN!!!!!!!!

3) You're on your favorite machine, but feeling really tired well before your workout is over. Do you take it down a notch from normal, keep plugging, move on?** I usually try to take it back a bit but push through for the full time.

4) You're single and meet a great guy. The only night you can see each other for the next couple of weeks is during your favorite class with a great sub who doesn't teach often. What do you do?** I'd go out with him and figure out some other time to geta work out in. I'm a gym rat but, COME ON! :)

5) You're on a machine and have finished your workout but you feel great and keep going. What do you do if someone else comes by and waits for your machine (assume there are no time limits set)?** Split the difference, maybe If I set it in my head that I'd do 10 minutes, I'll do 5 and then switch machines! No biggie!

iVillage Member
Wed, 05-14-2003 - 10:55am

My favorite is the elliptical machine, if that was taken I'd most likely jump on the stationary bike.

Leave it with the valet!

I keep going at my normal pace, working out gives me energy so I know eventually I'll start feeling better. If I were sick I may take it down a notch.

Ditch the class and go out with the guy.

If I had finished my work-out I would get off. I wouldn't want to hog the machine.

iVillage Member
Wed, 05-14-2003 - 2:13pm

Stretch, do crunches, work the opposite body part, go to the bathroom, drink some water. Anything but stand there waiting for the machine.

Park and RUN!

Try it for another 5 minutes and if I don't feel any better I will stop. There is always tomorrow and I'd rather not hurt myself trying to push through my fatigue. I would be more upset if I couldn't work out because of a sprained ankle due to being tired/distracted on the treadmill, you know?

Skip the gym and go on a date! I have a life!

Move on to something else and let the other person have the machine. Mostly because I really hate being watched or feeling like someone is waiting on me.

iVillage Member
Wed, 05-14-2003 - 4:17pm
You ladies obviously like your cardio waaaayyyyy more than I do.

1) You have your heart set on doing a certain machine, but they're all taken and you have 10 minutes to wait. What do you do in the meantime? >>>I NEVER have my heart set on a machine. Ugh! All cardio equipment classifies as instruments of torture as far as I'm concerned. I'd go do weights.

2) It's pouring out and the nearest parking spot is a long hike. What do you do? >>>If its warm, park further away, remove my shoes & take my time walking in. If its cold, park there & keep my shoes on & walk quickly. As my son's sensei says, " We're not made of tin, so we won't rust." I intend to be soaking wet within 20 min. of getting inside anyway.

3) You're on your favorite machine, but feeling really tired well before your workout is over. Do you take it down a notch from normal, keep plugging, move on? >>> Cool down & get off.

4) You're single and meet a great guy. The only night you can see each other for the next couple of weeks is during your favorite class with a great sub who doesn't teach often. What do you do? >>> This question is totally out of my range of imagination. I guess I'd meet him after.

5) You're on a machine and have finished your workout but you feel great and keep going. What do you do if someone else comes by and waits for your machine (assume there are no time limits set)? >>>The spoken/unspoken limit for a machine at peak times everywhere I've worked is 20 min. IF I'm under that time I tell them how much time I've got left & then they're welcome to it. If I'm over 20 min. I let them know I'm just going to take 3 min. to cool down, then they can have it. (I always let them know how long I'll be.) However, I'm not likely to "feel great and keep going", so it's really a moot point w/ me.

Soleilune