it's official!

iVillage Member
it's official!
Tue, 05-13-2003 - 9:28am
we had a meeting of the fitness instructors last night that we get paid for attending, so i am now officially a professional fitness instructor!! i start teaching hi/lo alternate wednesday evenings starting tomorrow and in the next month or so (once i learn to teach step!) will start teaching step on alternate thursday mornings!! i am also going to start being trained to teach water aerobics soon too! i better buy an athleticy bathing suit, the ones i have are more for show than for working out.
iVillage Member
Tue, 05-13-2003 - 9:38am
Congratulations! That's a real accomplishment and must be an amazing feeling! Definitely keep us posted on how your classes go....

~ Vanessa

iVillage Member
Tue, 05-13-2003 - 10:39am
Woohoo! Congratulations! It seems like it all went really quickly, but maybe not from your end. Now I'm really feeling like a slug because I've talked about doing it for over 10 years now and am no where closer.

iVillage Member
Tue, 05-13-2003 - 12:30pm
Congrats... way to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
iVillage Member
Tue, 05-13-2003 - 2:29pm
Great job Jen! That's quite an accomplishment!

My favorite athletic swimsuit is the Speedo Proback, it seems to fit me better than Nike or Tyr, but that's all based on body type. The Maxback and Proback don't fit quite the same on top, if you've got decent-sized traps the straps on the Maxback might annoy them! The difference that you see right away between these two is the Maxback has (I hope I'm remembering these right) black skinny straps and the Proback has straps the same color as the rest of the suit, about 1" wide. I'm not a fan of the fitness suits, they don't hug me right and in a class where you're moving all around, I've just found the racing/training suits to work better.

I love a good water class.....

Judie

Judie Image hosted by Photobucket.com

iVillage Member
Tue, 05-13-2003 - 2:36pm
thanks for the tips! (nt)