My training session

iVillage Member
My training session
Wed, 05-14-2003 - 2:51pm
It went really well. She did a lot of fine tuning on my lifting and gave me new exercises. It was helpful. And she gave me new stretches, taught me how to use the ball on some exercises. I was using a much bigger ball that I should. She said my program looks good, overall. On my appearance...I told her I didn't look like I worked out much and she said she always thought I looked really fit and that women tend to be so critical of themselves. On my getting bulky, she said, very nicely, that when you have a layer of fat over your muscles and your muscles get larger, you look like you're getting bulky but you're not. So, because I eat well, she said I shouldn't go below the calories I'm taking in, unless, possibly, it's really briefly for a special occasion for a few days but no longer. She suggested if I wanted that I could up my cardio longer to burn more calories and that the last 5 pounds are the hardest to lose. I think I might do half hour cardio, drop sets for upper body w/ one exercise per part, do another half hour cardio, drop sets w/ a different exercise. I'm really glad I did go see her. I have fun new things to try now!

iVillage Member
Thu, 05-15-2003 - 10:22am
Awesome! Sounds like a great session with a lot of productive stuff in it! And it's kind of inspiring for me too, I may be in the same muscle-hiding-under-fat-with-5-pounds-to-go predicament that you're in.

Thanks for sharing!

Judie

Judie Image hosted by Photobucket.com

iVillage Member
Thu, 05-15-2003 - 10:33am
that's cool. i think a session with a personal trainer once in a while benefits even the most seasoned gym rats!