Weekend plans?

iVillage Member
Weekend plans?
Fri, 05-16-2003 - 3:56pm
Anyone have anything special going on this weekend? What's the weather like where you are? Anything new accomplishments at the gym to brag about?

Pages

iVillage Member
In reply to: cl_jeanwl
Fri, 05-16-2003 - 4:00pm
No special plans for the weekend. I would like to rest but I'm sure I'll be out in the yard working with DH. Last weekend, I helped him chop wood. It's not as easy as it looks on TV but it's a great workout. Now, on to the bragging...

I lost 2.5 pounds this week AND decreased my body fat 1.1% this month. It's so nice when hard work pays off. I'm now just 1 pound away from my goal.

iVillage Member
Fri, 05-16-2003 - 4:09pm
Congratulations on the weight loss! Your gettting close to reaching another goal! (nt)

iVillage Member
Fri, 05-16-2003 - 4:26pm
congrats, that's awesome! (nt)
iVillage Member
Fri, 05-16-2003 - 4:31pm
Golfing & celebrating a friend's B-day, weeding, hauling dirt, planting, working Mon.

It's been gorgeous the last few days, sunny & mid-high 70s. However since I'm going golfing & have 4 yards of soil coming this weekend it's going to drop mid 60s to low 70s & rain. Oh, well. I don't rust & I have 3 WHOLE DAYS OFF!!! Woohoo! I doubt there'll be any anniversary stuff going except for the usual expressions of undying of love. What's a poor girl to do? ;-)

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend (it's a long weekend Stateside too isn't it?).

Soleilune
iVillage Member
Fri, 05-16-2003 - 4:35pm
nope no long weekend for us! i see it's victoria day in canada, i guess that has something to do with queen victoria?

our memorial day is a week from monday - next weekend is a long weekend for me!

iVillage Member
Fri, 05-16-2003 - 5:27pm
Queen Victoria's B-Day, which somehow ALWAYS falls on a weekend. ;-) She must've been quite the party girl.

It's funny how every year I not only forget that this is my anniversary weekend, but that Memorial Day is the following weekend, yet after more than 2 decades in Canada this past year was the first time I remembered that the Canadian Thanksgiving holiday is in Oct. The brain is weird & wonderful thing.
Soleilune
iVillage Member
Fri, 05-16-2003 - 6:26pm
Not much new....tomorrow going to circuit training class, hubby going to practice the 12k race (train on the route) tomorrow, my knee isn't ready. We have a belated Cinco de Mayo party to attend, and it will be fun! It's a birthday party for a friend.

We head for Maui in a week and I'm devoting my time to making as many calls and prepare as many "asks" letters as I can for the American Heart Association's Heart Ball I'm working on. Got out about 30 or so already. All need phone follow ups.

Brag. Kind of cute, students say they watch me if they can't see the instructor clearly, and one said she noticed how toned my butt is. Hey for 43, that's a compliment!!! She wanted to make sure I didn't think she was weird, I didn't, it was great to hear.

iVillage Member
Sat, 05-17-2003 - 8:17am
That's fantastic! Congratulations!

No big weekend plans here... we were talking about going on a short hike this weekend but after my spill down the stairs, my whole body feels out of whack... shoulder, back, neck, etc. If only I had Judie's chiropractor to go to! Sadly, I don't think there's a single chiropractor in all of Kosovo, not that I'd really trust one if I could find one here. I'm considering going to the Thai massage parlor, even though I have it on good authority that it doubles as a brothel. Wah.

My gym brag is a little lame, but I finally can do ten military push ups in a row (12, actually). And my gym just fixed their assisted pull up machine, so I will start working on pull ups as soon as my shoulder feels better.

iVillage Member
Sat, 05-17-2003 - 12:49pm
Weekend Plans include work today and a trip into the Big Apple, NEW YORK CITY tomorrow for the 5th annual Tattoo Convention at the Roseland Ballroom. We've gone every year and I wouldn't be able to NOT go again. We usually hop the train in, then go to the convention for an hour or so, and then run around the city for a while! FUN FUN FUN! :) The best part is we can call it a businessouting! :)

Minor brag... at the gym when I subbed Spinning, everyone left sweating, smiling, telling me it was a great class, and asking me if the regular instructor would resign... I know they were kidding about the last part (we love him)but it made me feel great... great boost of confidence for me for the next class.

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend... hope the sun shines on all of you! :)
iVillage Member
Sat, 05-17-2003 - 12:54pm
CONGRATS! I'm so pleased for you, isn't it a great feeling when you reach those goals? Have a great weekend!

~K~

~Kiervin~

Co-author of:  MONSTER'S INK HORROR ANTHOLOGY By Cyber-Pulp Press

Pages