Friday Fun

iVillage Member
Friday Fun
Fri, 05-16-2003 - 4:39pm
I hope I haven't missed everyone, today. It was roll to school day (tough to do since we're about 2 miles away from school and my daughter can't rollerblade or bike that far both ways and get to preschool in time) and I had to help out at my daughter's preschool this morning. Anyway, here are some fun questions to end the week from nostalgia TV.

Name the show and episode for these lines, extra points if you know the person who said it.

a) "Oh, my nose!" and "Something....suddenly came up."

b) Sung to the tune of Carmen's "Toreador" song, "Be not a lender, nor a lender be, do not forget, stay out of debt, think twice and take this good advice from me..."

c) "Santa, why are you taking our Christmas Tree, oh why?"

d) "That'll be a nickel please."

e) "Aayyyyy" w/ thumbs up/

Name the show that these theme songs came from:

a) "Just sit right back and you'll hear a tale, a tale of a fateful trip..."

b) "Hello, world, hear the song that we're singin'; C'mon get happy!

A whole lot of lovin' is what we'll be bringin'; We'll make you happy!

We had a dream, we'd go travelin' together; We'd spread a little lovin' then we'd keep movin' on.

Somethin' always happens whenever we're together; We get a happy feelin' when we're singing a song."

c) "One o'clock, two o'clock, three o'clock rock...we're gonna rock around the clock tonight..."

d) "Come and knock on our door ...We've been waiting for you ...Where the kisses are hers and hers and his..."

Oh, I hope you all aren't too young to remember these, at least in reruns!

iVillage Member
In reply to: cl_jeanwl
Sat, 05-17-2003 - 8:04am

i thought oh, my nose was marcia from the brady bunch when she got hit in the face with the football but i don't recognize something suddenly came up. ooh wait, now i remember, that was from when peter's voice changed!! that's a great episode!

b) Sung to the tune of Carmen's "Toreador" song, "Be not a lender, nor a lender be, do not forget, stay out of debt, think twice and take this good advice from me..."

i didn't think anyone else remember this! it's from gilligan's island! but i can't remember who sang it, the skipper?

cindy loo hoo from the grinch?

don't recall

easy one - fonz from happy days.

these are too easy

gilligan's island

We had a dream, we'd go travelin' together; We'd spread a little lovin' then we'd keep movin' on.

Somethin' always happens whenever we're together; We get a happy feelin' when we're singing a song."

partridge family

c) "One o'clock, two o'clock, three o'clock rock...we're gonna rock around the clock tonight..."

happy days

d) "Come and knock on our door ...We've been waiting for you ...Where the kisses are hers and hers and his..."

three's company

fun fun! ask me harder ones!!

here's a tv trivia for a roll to school day - what 70's character was always on roller skates?

Edited 5/17/2003 8:07:08 AM ET by jenindc

iVillage Member
Sat, 05-17-2003 - 11:39am
Name the show and episode for these lines, extra points if you know the person who said it.

Marcia said the nose comment after one of the boys accidently hit her in the face with a fooball. "Something....suddenly came up," doesn't look familiar.

?????

A little girl said that in How the Grinch Stole Christmas. Chrissy?

I remember a woman saying that but I can't recall which show.

Definitely Mr. Fonzerelli on Happy Days

Gilligan's Island

Laverne and Shirley? The Love Boat? I wish this thing had audio. I'm not good at naming tunes from reading lyrics. I'd have a much better chance if I could HEAR the lyrics.

Happy Days

Three's Company

iVillage Member
Sat, 05-17-2003 - 1:09pm
The roller skates one is actually hard because I think there were two. Well, maybe not since Facts of Life was 80's. Tootsie from Facts of Life and Joanie from Happy Day's were both always on skates. Am I right?

~K~

~Kiervin~

Co-author of:  MONSTER'S INK HORROR ANTHOLOGY By Cyber-Pulp Press

iVillage Member
Sat, 05-17-2003 - 3:47pm
I should have made them harder. I thought these might be old for all of you, but I forgot about reruns. Jen got them all. The person I thought about on skates was Tootsie from Facts of Life, but that was just the first season. Wasn't there another character on Happy Days who was on skates? Someone related to Pinky Tuscadero? There was also that woman on Boogie Nights, too. Did anyone see that movie?

iVillage Member
Sun, 05-18-2003 - 3:38pm
i was thinking tootie on facts of life, but i guess that was 80s. (not "tootsie" though, that was dustin hoffman!) i didn't get them all, what was the one about the nickel, i didn't recognize that one...

i wasn't actually a big fan of happy days. so i was unaware of the joanie/pinky tuscadero roller skating connection.

iVillage Member
Mon, 05-19-2003 - 10:40am

???

??

??

No idea

Happy Days and Fronzie??

Gilligans Island

The Partridge Family

??

Happy Days

Three's Company

Oh, I hope you all aren't too young to remember these, at least in reruns!

iVillage Member
Mon, 05-19-2003 - 10:56am
Forgot to post the answers!

****The Brady Bunch--Marcia broke off a date to go out w/ someone else with the excuse, "Something...suddenly came up." Then she hurt her nose and the guy broke off their date with the same excuse.

****Gilligan's Island's rendition of Hamlet.

****Cindy Lu-whoo from the Grinch

****Lucy to Charlie Brown after any advice as the psychiatrist

***Fonzie

****Gilligan's Island

***Partrige Family

****Happy Days

****Three's Company