Five Friday's "Either Ors"

iVillage Member
Five Friday's "Either Ors"
Fri, 06-13-2003 - 10:34am
1) On cardio machines, watch tv, read or just music?

2) Carrots: cooked or raw?

3) Crosstrainers or workout specific shoes?

4) Work out in hot/humid or cold/snowy weather?

5) Shower at home or at the gym?

iVillage Member
Fri, 06-13-2003 - 10:38am
1) On cardio machines, watch tv, read or just music? Just music

2) Carrots: cooked or raw? Both

3) Crosstrainers or workout specific shoes? CrossTrainers

4) Work out in hot/humid or cold/snowy weather? Cold/Snowy

5) Shower at home or at the gym? Home, I am not sure why but I feel not as clean from a gym shower.

iVillage Member
Fri, 06-13-2003 - 10:44am
1) On cardio machines, watch tv, read or just music?

Music

2) Carrots: cooked or raw?

Raw

3) Crosstrainers or workout specific shoes?

Crosstrainers

4) Work out in hot/humid or cold/snowy weather?

hot/humid

home

iVillage Member
Fri, 06-13-2003 - 12:41pm
1) On cardio machines, watch tv, read or just music? Read

2) Carrots: cooked or raw? Raw

3) Crosstrainers or workout specific shoes? crosstrainers

4) Work out in hot/humid or cold/snowy weather? cold/snowy

5) Shower at home or at the gym? home, I don't like gym showers either

iVillage Member
Fri, 06-13-2003 - 1:24pm
1) On cardio machines, watch tv, read or just music? Music, but I scan the TV bank while I do it. I don't get people who can read while they do cardio. The one time I tried to read while doing cardio I was unable to follow the lines because I was moving too fast and got too distracted by my body. When I slowed down enough to read, I fell to a pace where I wasn't really working out. From what I've seen the women who read at our gym aren't really working out, they never break a sweat, they are just going through the motions. Because of that and my experience the one time I tried to I don't think it is a good idea.

2) Carrots: cooked or raw? Both! I love carrots!

3) Crosstrainers or workout specific shoes? whatever, I'm not picky

4) Work out in hot/humid or cold/snowy weather? oh, that is hard. I used to love running in the fall in maine, but hated the snow because it gets slick. Sometimes heat/humidity sap my energy on me. So, I'm going with neither!

5) Shower at home or at the gym? Depends. Our gym is really well maintained. Ellie, the custodian, keeps a VERY clean locker-room. During peak hours she checks it every 20 minutes! I use the gym shower when I have to go somewhere after working out, because home is more than 20 minutes away. But, if I have nothing planned I come home and go to the pool/jacuzzi before I shower.

~Kiervin~

Co-author of:  MONSTER'S INK HORROR ANTHOLOGY By Cyber-Pulp Press

iVillage Member
Fri, 06-13-2003 - 1:41pm
I don't get people who can read and run at the same time either. It guess it's like walking and chewing gum. Some people can and some people can't. I've seen people working really hard while reading. They must have great eye sight, serious concentration, and lots of practice.
iVillage Member
Fri, 06-13-2003 - 2:15pm
I read at the same time, but only on the crosstrainer and stairmaster. There is no way I could do it on the treadmill or the bike. I can't read a book but I like magazines with little blurbs. I'm really picky about the kind of magazine rack is on the machine, too. I have to be able to flip the pages really quickly because I'm too sweaty to touch the magazine for long(I'm constantly wiping on a towel). I get bored too quickly that I couldn't stay on for more than 15 minutes if I didn't.

iVillage Member
Fri, 06-13-2003 - 2:19pm
1) On cardio machines, watch tv, read or just music? Watch TV!

2) Carrots: cooked or raw? Raw

3) Crosstrainers or workout specific shoes? I wear crosstrainers for everything but running.

4) Work out in hot/humid or cold/snowy weather? hot/humid, thanks! I hate bundling up to run!

Oh, definitely at home unless I just got out of the pool and I'm already wet and need to change.

TGIF!

Judie Image hosted by Photobucket.com

iVillage Member
Fri, 06-13-2003 - 2:35pm
me too, i can only read on the stairmaster or walking on the treadmill because they set the pace for me so i don't slow down, and i can only read fluffy magazines like Health, i can't read a novel or a magazine with pages and pages text like Time.
iVillage Member
Fri, 06-13-2003 - 2:38pm
1) On cardio machines, watch tv, read or just music? usually just music

2) Carrots: cooked or raw? i like both but i like cooked better.

3) Crosstrainers or workout specific shoes? running shoes for running and crosstrainers for everything else.

4) Work out in hot/humid or cold/snowy weather? inside with the thermostat set at 68 degrees! if i had to pick one, i'd always rather be hot than cold.

5) Shower at home or at the gym? i'd rather shower at home, but often i have to shower at the gym, like if i'm on my lunch break here at work.

iVillage Member
Fri, 06-13-2003 - 4:46pm
I can only read fluffy stuff, too. One day, they only had Forbes, CEO and Golf Digest at the gym (as an example of the clientele at my gym ;-)). It was a long workout!