Weekend Plans

iVillage Member
Weekend Plans
Fri, 06-13-2003 - 12:46pm
Does anyone have special plans for the weekend? How's the weather where you are? Is it tank top weather for anyone yet (I have to ask because it's almost never tank top weather here).

Pages

iVillage Member
In reply to: cl_jeanwl
Fri, 06-13-2003 - 2:17pm
Guess what I'm doing? rofl...

I'm leaving tonight to go home and see my dad. We're going to a Mass for my grandparents tomorrow morning (at 7, uggg) and then riding for God-knows-how-many miles. We'll probably go at least 60, but maybe more. I'll leave my bike with Dad, then, and he'll tune it up and go over it next week before the ride, so I'll be bikeless!

I figured out last night that since I started training in mid-spring, I've put almost 230 miles on my bike and probably 175-200 at the gym. Whole lotta miles! And the scary thing is that the ride is going to be more miles on my bike than I've got on it already after a couple of months of riding....eek!

I'll be back Sunday, probably doing my own thing and playing catch-up because SO will be at his dad's in the afternoon.

Sunshine? Maybe...it's cloudy now, we're immersed in a layer of fog that blew off the Lake so I can't see out the window, but I'm told that it's going to be sunnier tomorrow and 80-ish. Not really tank top weather unless you're working out!

Hope everybody has a good weekend!

Judie

Judie Image hosted by Photobucket.com

iVillage Member
Fri, 06-13-2003 - 2:21pm
That's so cool that you get to spend so much time with your dad--especially on Father's Day weekend. Have fun!

iVillage Member
Fri, 06-13-2003 - 2:26pm
the weather? surprise surprise IT'S STILL RAINING! and tomorrow? RAIN! we're supposed to have a nice day sunday but i won't be to take advantage of it, because i'm volunteering at the nursing home in the afternoon and then we're leaving to go visit my bf's family for father's day. and there's little chance of me waking up early to do anything in the am. but it will be a fun day though, even though i won't get outside.

tomorrow we have to get some stuff for our upcoming trip - we are going to alaska on july 5th. it will probably be a mellow day, nothing too exciting. we'll probably have all-you-can-eat indian food brunch and rent "old school" in the evening.

iVillage Member
Fri, 06-13-2003 - 2:30pm
oh, you'll get tank top weather soon enough missy! right now we're having bizarro bay area weather, but i'm sure as soon as we get a break in the rain, it's going to be 90-95 degrees with 95% humidity and it will stay that way for two months.
iVillage Member
Fri, 06-13-2003 - 4:44pm
Yeah, I know I'm complaining that it's not hot enough but soon enough I'll be complaining about the heat and humidity.

iVillage Member
Fri, 06-13-2003 - 9:46pm
Girl in my aqua class asked me over to her house and pool. Very hot here in Florida! Should be good, I'm not sure I should wear my speedo to her house or not.
iVillage Member
Sun, 06-15-2003 - 11:56am
12k (7.5miles)RRRRrunning race for me! I did the Sound to Narrows 31st Annual race yesterday. Did really well (considering I haven't been running much LOL). My quads hurt today, and we'll do a nice 4 mile or so walk to work out the kinks. Our harbor is just beautiful today--sunshine, lots of marine activity, can't wait to get out and walk.

Despite allergies (and my exercise induced asthma flaired up during the race yesterday) I'm getting out there..sneezing scratching eyes...all of it. I need some sunshine!

Deb

iVillage Member
Sun, 06-15-2003 - 12:13pm
Congratulations! That's a long run! Do you do anything for your exercise induced asthma?

iVillage Member
Mon, 06-16-2003 - 10:07am
We had a great time! It happened to be a great day for a ride, high overcast, not to warm, no wind. We got in 69 hilly miles, which put my total for the week at 114. This week is a light week, I've got a lot to get done before the ride next week, both at work and at home, so I'm probably only getting in 32 miles before the start of the ride next Sunday.

Hope everybody had good weekends!

Judie

Edited to add: I love fitday! According to fitday.com, that ride with Dad on Saturday burned over 2000 calories! :D And yet I wonder why I've still got cellulite.... ;)

Edited 6/16/2003 4:59:07 PM ET by judie_rae

iVillage Member
Mon, 06-16-2003 - 10:08am
Great job Deb! That's quite an accomplishment! *clap clap clap clap*

Pages