Crossline -- Circuit training

iVillage Member
Crossline -- Circuit training
Thu, 06-19-2003 - 10:42pm
Hi! Does anyone use "crossline" at their gym? I toured out YMCA and an contemplating a membership. They have machines called "crossline" and they said music plays and tells you when to switch to the next machine. Has anyone ever donw these? I am wanting to lose a few lbs(less that 10), tone my abs, butt, and thighs. Are these machines worthwhile? Thanks in advance! ~N

~shesminetoo

Mom to 3yr old *E* and stepmom to 10 yr old *M*

iVillage Member
Fri, 06-20-2003 - 2:51am
I've never tried it, but circuit training is great. Depending on the workout, you could do strength training and cardio at the same time, a great time saver. If you do give it a try, let us know how it works. I love hearing about new workouts. Welcome, btw.

iVillage Member
Fri, 06-20-2003 - 12:54pm
Hi, welcome to the board. I can't say I've heard of them either, of course that doesn't really mean anything! I'd give it a try and see what you think. My only concern at this point would be that they are set up to "tell" you when you are done, I don't really like that idea. I think that you should be able to work to your own intensity for the amount of time you deem beneficial, not some preset limit. Of course, I'm not a big rule follower, so it could just be a personal quirk on my part! Good luck, let us know how it goes.

~K~

~Kiervin~

Co-author of:  MONSTER'S INK HORROR ANTHOLOGY By Cyber-Pulp Press

iVillage Member
Fri, 06-20-2003 - 1:59pm
i've never heard of this - does it use the normal weight machines that allow you to choose different weights? it sounds a lot like what "curves" has - those aren't weight machines but pneumatic resistance or something like that. check out the posts under "curves for women" below to see what people have to say about that program. i think the general consensus is that it's good for people getting started but to continue getting fit you need to move on to regular strength training and cardio. if the crossline *is* like curves, it may be worth trying, but i'd check out the rest of the facilities at the Y and make sure that once you move beyond the crossline, you'll still enjoy using the other stuff at the Y. or i guess if it's a month to month membership you could always stop going and join a different gym.

anyway, welcome to the board!!