I can't believe I'm asking this...more

iVillage Member
I can't believe I'm asking this...more
Thu, 06-19-2003 - 11:01pm
Is anyone flat chested? I have been a 36C most of my life (bigger when preggo and nursing!- smaller when anorexic in college). Anyway, I have been working out with weights hard (body for life) and have lost weight, gained muscle, and am at 16.5% body fat. My breasts are gone. I am now an A-AA cup. In a padded bra I have some, but working out in sports bras my chest is like a 12yo boy! The rest of my body is still "womanly" and if I had the $ I'd do implants. I am so misserable especially when trying on clothes- nothing fits on top. Does anyone else have this problem?

Ann

Pages

iVillage Member
Fri, 06-20-2003 - 2:56am
Wow, 16.5% body fat is really fit! That's great--good for you. I actually have the reverse problem where I went from a AA to a A/B from nursing. Other than surgery, there isn't anything you can do for it. Personally, I'd rather be an A/AA, maybe because I was small for so long. You can wear tank tops and tops w/out much support and not worry about it. The other day, I was jumping on the playground in a tank top and didn't have a good bra on. I was worried about the jiggle factor. So, there is always a silver lining! Welcome to the gymrats board!

iVillage Member
Fri, 06-20-2003 - 10:47am
We all have things that we would like to change about our bodies that no amount of exercise is going to help. What we have to learn to do is work with what we have; learn to be satisfied in the bodies that we have. There are products on the market that can help like padded bras and push-up bras. Like Jean suggests, focus on the benefits of having a smaller chest: not having to worry about sports bras, being able to wear backless outfits, no back/shoulder aches, etc.
iVillage Member
Fri, 06-20-2003 - 11:13am
Absolutely! I haven't read the other responses yet, but I can attest that I've gone from a full 34C to a heavily padded 36B at the same time as I've taken a good bit of fat on my legs (over a couple of months). Your breasts also have fat in them, and for some of us, we gain weight from the bottom up and lose it from the top down! It's a fact of life and genetics, sometimes.... I can see how much my breasts have shrunk over the last few months, but I'm powerless to stop it.

Take heart, you're doing GREAT things for your body, and Victoria's Secret has some great pushup bras that aren't the cost of a boob job! ;) The Very Sexy line is my favorite.

Judie

Judie Image hosted by Photobucket.com

iVillage Member
Fri, 06-20-2003 - 12:12pm
Hi there! Congrats on such a huge weight loss and work out schedule! I wish I had that much discipline! I don't have the problem with flat chested but I was watching Dr Phil the other day and there was a lady on there who had lost a lot of weight but she noticed her "breasts" weren't getting any smaller...just longer! lol...Sadly, that seems to be my issue too. Ah well....Seems we all have something we'd like to change about ourselves, but accepting what we do/don't have and learning to love it is the key to self acceptance and happiness. :)

kathrine

iVillage Member
Fri, 06-20-2003 - 1:43pm
Can't say I have that problem, or have since I was about nine. My girlfriend however went from a C-cup to a AA after her second child. Sort of reverse of what mine did. I would welcome the ability to wear tank tops, backless dresses and certain bikini tops that I can't even look at without cringing, you'll get no sympathy here (winks). I know that Tammy lived in waterbras from fredericks and swore by them. If you didn't know her there was no way of knowing they weren't real, and they cost very little.

Good luck.

~K~

~Kiervin~

Co-author of:  MONSTER'S INK HORROR ANTHOLOGY By Cyber-Pulp Press

iVillage Member
Fri, 06-20-2003 - 1:51pm
congrats on getting so fit! that's the thing about getting your body fat so low, breasts are largely fat! i'm sorry i don't have any suggestions for you beyond what others have said...pushup bras, and being proud of your body! but i did want to mention, in case you weren't aware, that you shouldn't lose much more body fat. a woman's body needs about 15% body fat in order to be able function properly - below that and you'll start having health issues like amenorrea and bone loss.

i hope you'll stick around and fill us in on how you got so fit!

iVillage Member
Fri, 06-20-2003 - 2:59pm
I've been doing the body for life workout. I followed the diet for a while but it was too restrictive. I pretty much eat what I want, and I only do cardio 2x a week, but I do VERY intense weight workouts. I am "normal" size- 5'3 121-125lbs, but muscular (still have the damn hips though!). Body for life workout is great!

Ann

iVillage Member
Fri, 06-20-2003 - 4:47pm
I've picked up Energy magazine on occasion and the results from body for life look great. The magazine doesn't go into much detail about the program, though. I've read a little on line--it's a lot of lifting!

iVillage Member
Fri, 06-20-2003 - 5:01pm
I enjoy lifting- hate cardio! The eating was just too much dedication and I was irritable all the time b/c I couldn't eat foods I wanted (if I don't have a pb&j everyday for lunch I go crazy) Basically I can follow a program as long as I can eat pb&j (and tortilla chips!)

Ann

iVillage Member
Sun, 06-22-2003 - 4:14am
Hi there gals....

Let me start off by saying, I have the same exact body of the model tyra banks....only my measurements are 5 7" , 140pds. AND I AM A 36D, I don't have any kids, and don't really want them, due to the unstopable increase of the breast getting bigger. I wish I could just shrink, my breast. Maybe, I could do 100 military pushups a day and see what happens. ?? My girlfriend, who got implants, told me that most women, don't have huge breast ..(ie sizes C, D, DD). I went to a party the other, day, and ALL, the girls, had baby tees, back out dresses, little cute t-shirts...and then there was ME! I was not angry, I just said, wow, I wonder what I would look like if I was a B-cup. Would I be happy? or would I complain? I have always favored, people who kept there bodies, natural and did not opt for implants. I know, when I am shopping, I have to pass up 85% of the clothing, because they are not made for big breasted women like me. But, I have been told by ladies, that they would kill to have my breast.. I guess, to each his own!

Take Care!

Dolly

Pages