Friday's "Either...or"'s

iVillage Member
Friday's "Either...or"'s
Fri, 06-20-2003 - 3:17am
1) Carbonated or plain water?

2) Working one side and then another or both at once (such as, tricep kick backs where you work one side first and then the other, or tricep pull downs where you get both at once)?

3) TGIF happy hour special: buy one get one free appetizer or buy one get one free drink?

4) "Talk" test or taking heart rate?

5) Towel, bandanna/sweatband, or both?

Pages

iVillage Member
Fri, 06-20-2003 - 4:59am
1) Carbonated or plain water? Both, though only plain when working out. Lately I've been off the carbonated mineral water here, since all of the brands have a really high salt content (one had close to 1000 mg of sodium per liter!!). I miss the lemon/lime flavored Poland Spring!

2) Working one side and then another or both at once (such as, tricep kick backs where you work one side first and then the other, or tricep pull downs where you get both at once)? Both -- depends on the exercise. I do bent over rows where I work all one side, then the other, but I also do lat pull downs for the back.

3) TGIF happy hour special: buy one get one free appetizer or buy one get one free drink? I'd probably be more likely to go for the appetizer than the drink... unless it was a margarita.

4) "Talk" test or taking heart rate? I like to take my heart rate if the monitor on the machine works (the ones here don't), but it's more b/c I want to know what it is -- I use the perceived rate of exertion test to see how hard I think I'm working. I have never bothered with the whole target heart rate thing, which may or may not be a bad thing.

5) Towel, bandanna/sweatband, or both? Towel, but a bandanna if I'm hiking.

iVillage Member
Fri, 06-20-2003 - 10:34am
1) Carbonated or plain water?

Plain and at room temperature

2) Working one side and then another or both at once (such as, tricep kick backs where you work one side first and then the other, or tricep pull downs where you get both at once)?

When I'm pressed for time, which is normally, I do both.

3) TGIF happy hour special: buy one get one free appetizer or buy one get one free drink?

Appetizer - I'm not a drinker

4) "Talk" test or taking heart rate?

Talk test

5) Towel, bandanna/sweatband, or both?

Towel

iVillage Member
Fri, 06-20-2003 - 10:36am
Did I read something about Poland Spring facing charges of misleading consumers about the origins of its water? I think I saw it in a crawler running along the bottom of a TV screen and didn't catch the whole story. What's up with Poland Spring?
iVillage Member
Fri, 06-20-2003 - 10:40am
Oh, no, don't tell me! I love Poland Spring! I hate being let down by a trusted brand. :(
iVillage Member
Fri, 06-20-2003 - 11:38am
1) Carbonated or plain water? Prefer carbonated (I never read the label and didn't know it had sodium. Thanks, Vanessa. I thought it was just water w/ fizz) but go with cheap filtered tap.

2) Working one side and then another or both at once (such as, tricep kick backs where you work one side first and then the other, or tricep pull downs where you get both at once)? Both, if I can. I like efficiency.

Depends on my mood!

4) "Talk" test or taking heart rate? Perceived exertion, I forgot to add that as a choice. Oops!

5) Towel, bandanna/sweatband, or both? Towel.

iVillage Member
Fri, 06-20-2003 - 12:04pm
1. Plain water 2. I like working one side and then the other. 3. Hmm..hard one...I think I'll take the drink! 4. Heart rate monitor 5. Since I usually forget my towel, I'm stuck with using the gym's paper towels! Ick!

have a good one, cheers,

kathrine

iVillage Member
Fri, 06-20-2003 - 1:31pm
1) Carbonated or plain water? plain!

2) Working one side and then another or both at once (such as, tricep kick backs where you work one side first and then the other, or tricep pull downs where you get both at once)? Depends on the exercise, if it is one I know my form may slip I do one at a time. Otherwise both at once to get me in and out faster.

3) TGIF happy hour special: buy one get one free appetizer or buy one get one free drink? drink:)

4) "Talk" test or taking heart rate? heart rate, I'm not a fan of company during cardio. Though, I tend to spend more time talking than not lately!

5) Towel, bandanna/sweatband, or both? towel and I actually end up using my shirt more than it.

~Kiervin~

Co-author of:  MONSTER'S INK HORROR ANTHOLOGY By Cyber-Pulp Press

iVillage Member
Fri, 06-20-2003 - 1:35pm
(growls) Oh no, let's not go there. My grandparents honeymooned at the Poland Spring Inn back in the 20's. Poland Springs is up the road from my folks and a spot that we have visited hundreds of times. They are a good old, down home sort of place... I'll not hear any bad about them!!!!

(shoves head back in sand)

~Kiervin~

Co-author of:  MONSTER'S INK HORROR ANTHOLOGY By Cyber-Pulp Press

iVillage Member
Fri, 06-20-2003 - 2:08pm
1) Carbonated or plain water? I love my LaCroix! But not for working out, then it's just water.

2) Working one side and then another or both at once (such as, tricep kick backs where you work one side first and then the other, or tricep pull downs where you get both at once)? I like to do both at once *if* I've got free weights and I know I'm not helping the weak one out with the strong one.

3) TGIF happy hour special: buy one get one free appetizer or buy one get one free drink? Drinky drinky!

4) "Talk" test or taking heart rate? I like the talk test much better! I never get my heart rate counted right, RPE is much easier for me.

5) Towel, bandanna/sweatband, or both? Towel!

Judie Image hosted by Photobucket.com

iVillage Member
Fri, 06-20-2003 - 3:27pm
1) Carbonated or plain water? plain for exercising, carbonated otherwise

one side at a time for somethings, both for others

if nonalcoholic drinks count, then drinks

4) "Talk" test or taking heart rate? new polar heartrate monitor!

5) Towel, bandanna/sweatband, or both? shirt sleeve

wow, i didn't answer even ONE correctly!

Pages