Introduction and wanted to tell my story

iVillage Member
Introduction and wanted to tell my story
Sat, 06-21-2003 - 2:15pm
Hi my name is Linda and I am 33. I got laid off from a job of 10 years in Oct. of 2000. Since then I have had no stability, no security and no decent job. This caused a lot of anxiety and stress for me and in Jan of 2003 this year I weighed in at a whopping record breaking 188 on my 5'3" frame gaining at least 50lbs since I got laid off. Well I finally got a good job, with good pay and benefits and I like it and am comfortable there. So In January I decided to rid myself of this burden of this weight since I had no clothes to wear and I refused to go out and buy a whole new fat person wardrobe so I was wearing gym pants and sweats all the time. (Even to work AAARRRGGHH) I started to watch my eating and stop going to the store and buying food to binge on all night in front of the tv. In April I managed to lose about 19 lbs just by doing that alone but I still was not satisfied. So after about a month plateau, the first week in may or so I decided it was time to get to the gym. I have been working out at least 3 days a week usually 4 or 5 days and now after 6 weeks of hard work the pounds and inches are just melting off by the day. I have lost 12lbs in this time and several inches. I actually fit into a pair of my old jeans I bought when I started to gain weight. (They were my fat pants back then not realising i was gonna get bigger) That was my first main goal and man that was the best day I have had in a long time. Now that my body is in fat burning mode everyday I wake up and weigh myself another pound is gone. Last night after work (I get out at 11pm) I had a few drinks and about 2am I had a big fat cheese burger and salt potatoes with butter. I thought for sure I would wake up today to 2 extra pounds from what I weighed in at on Thursday. (But hey ya got to live a little) Well thursday I weighed in at 159. So this morning when I got up I got on the scale to face the damage and low and behold 157. So my point of all this rambling is if you want to lose the weight, feel good about yourself, relieve alot of stress, GET TO THE GYM. There is nothing better!!!! WHHHOOO HOOOO!!!!

130 Here I come!!!!!!!

iVillage Member
Sat, 06-21-2003 - 2:46pm
Darn, I thought I posted a reply to this, but it must have gotten lost. Congratulations on your new job, the weight loss, and your new healthy lifestyle. This board is full of fitness enthusiasts so you'll fit right!

iVillage Member
Sun, 06-22-2003 - 1:23pm
Hi Linda, welcome to the board. Congrats on the success so far, I'm sure you'll fit right in around here.

I did want to add that while you will probably be fine having had the burger and fries given your activity level that weight loss is NOT in any way immediate. If you ate it the night before you won't see it in the morning. It takes anywhere from a week to three weeks to register permanent weight loss or gain. What you see in the immediate is likely water loss or gain. However, if you are well hydrated this won't be happening as much as it does for those who aren't (read that as me, my water level seems to fluctuate wildly at times!).

Good luck on your continued success.

~K~

~Kiervin~

Co-author of:  MONSTER'S INK HORROR ANTHOLOGY By Cyber-Pulp Press

iVillage Member
Mon, 06-23-2003 - 8:32am
welcome, and congrats on your new job and your fitness success! glad you found us.
iVillage Member
Mon, 06-23-2003 - 6:50pm
Hi Linda!! Congrats on the great weightloss and lifestyle change! :) Welcome to a great board, I am a new person also. I have learned a lot for being here only a few days! Your goal weight and mine are the same albeit I have a longer way to go! lol....Again, glad you're here and congrats!! That's just amazing!!1

kathrine