The next couple of weeks

iVillage Member
The next couple of weeks
Mon, 06-23-2003 - 11:28am
I might not get on much the next couple of weeks. I really like what's going on with this board, everyone's interaction, all the newbies, etc. Can you all try to keep it going? Also, I was wondering if anyone would be interested in being co-cl? I think a lot of you would be great. There is a button on the front page to be a cl.

iVillage Member
Mon, 06-23-2003 - 11:36am
i'll make a special effort to welcome people and keep the conversations going while you are away, and i'm sure the other regulars will too. we'll miss you though!
iVillage Member
Tue, 06-24-2003 - 8:07am
Good luck with the move! And you can count on us to keep up the buzz....
iVillage Member
Tue, 06-24-2003 - 1:52pm
Have a very safe move and don't worry about the board too much! We'll meet and greet until you get back. As for co-cl-ing I nominate Jen!

~K~

~Kiervin~

Co-author of:  MONSTER'S INK HORROR ANTHOLOGY By Cyber-Pulp Press

iVillage Member
Tue, 06-24-2003 - 2:56pm
thanks for thinking of me, but no thanks. i really appreciate jean being our cl but i just like hanging out here without any responsibility!
iVillage Member
Wed, 06-25-2003 - 3:29am
you make yourself sound like someone who pops in now and then and only participates when the whim strikes you -- no way! i can always count on you to answer promptly and thoughtfully to any question that gets posted here and you're one of the most active members on the board (or did i misread that line saying "622 messages posted" under your name?). not that i want to pressure you into being co-cl if you don't want to, but i think you deserve a pat on the back for all you do for the board regardless.
iVillage Member
Wed, 06-25-2003 - 9:25am
thanks vanessa. i am definitely a chatterbox! when i first started posting, the board was quiet and jean and alana were saying they hoped it would pick up, i introduced myself and said, "i'm very talkative, before long you'll probably be telling me to pipe down!" and i do post alot, but it turns out that half my posts ended up being "i agree with what jean just said." she always has the right info or advice at the right time, it's going to be a lot harder while jean is gone because i'll actually have to type my opinion, not just say "ditto" to her post!

anyway, i'm glad to be one of the most active posters, but i'm really lazy and often when i HAVE to do something it's all of a sudden not as much fun as when i was just doing it because i wanted to. but i will definitely help jean out more with asking questions and stuff, she works really hard for us even though she has so many other things going on, i think we put too much responsibility on her to amuse us! jean, i just want you to know that we really appreciate you even though we don't say it often enough! this is by far the best internet community i've ever come across and it's largely due to your presence.

iVillage Member
Wed, 06-25-2003 - 9:40am
i could not agree more... this is by far the best message board i've ever come across and it's largely due to our awesome cl! jean, i don't think you realize how good you are at this.

jen, i hope you don't think i was calling you a chatterbox! i'm always intersted in what you have to say. i know what you mean about feeling like some of your posts being "i agree with what jean just said." there have been a couple of times where people have asked questions and i've thought "oh, i should really take the time to write a coherent response to this" -- only to find out that jean has already done so, and done it far better than i ever could!

so... you guys all rock. go gym rats!

iVillage Member
Wed, 06-25-2003 - 12:57pm
Ah...I think everyone adds a significant amount here, even people who just pop in ocassionally. I do agree that jen would be a great cl, since she often beats me to the punch, and I really like that everyone feels free to add her (and his) opinion. I think quite of few of you would be great cl's, too, and I often find myself think "ooohh, good answer!" when I read your responses. There's no pressure though and I"m happy there's still a lot of chatter.