Thirsty Thursdays

iVillage Member
Thirsty Thursdays
Thu, 06-26-2003 - 11:22am
1) What are you drinking right now?

2) What do you drink first thing in the morning?

3) What do you drink before a work out?

4) What about during?

5) What about after?

6) Do you drink any special sports drinks?

7) What do you drink regularly, other than water?

Pages

iVillage Member
Thu, 06-26-2003 - 12:11pm
1) What are you drinking right now? lukewarm coffee with silk creamer

2) What do you drink first thing in the morning? usually hot coffee with silk creamer

3) What do you drink before a work out? water

4) What about during? water

5) What about after? water

6) Do you drink any special sports drinks? not lately

7) What do you drink regularly, other than water? smoothies, coffee, soy lattes, soymilk

iVillage Member
Thu, 06-26-2003 - 1:59pm
1) What are you drinking right now?

Coke :P

2) What do you drink first thing in the morning?

Water

3) What do you drink before a work out?

Water

4) What about during?

Water

5) What about after?

Water

6) Do you drink any special sports drinks?

I looooove Gatorade Arctic Frost (the white one)

7) What do you drink regularly, other than water?

San Pellegrino, Starbucks nonfat Tazo Chai, Nestea Lemon Green Iced Tea, green tea (regular)

Edited 6/26/2003 2:00:55 PM ET by zorbslovessporks

iVillage Member
Thu, 06-26-2003 - 2:02pm
) What are you drinking right now? Coffee, lifegiving coffee!

2) What do you drink first thing in the morning? Actually, a glass of water. A friend explained to me that coffee on an empty bladder can cause spasms that mimic the pain from a bladder infection. Something that I have constantly had problems with over the years. I started having a glass of water first and the problem has stopped, apparently she was right. So, a glass of water then two cups of coffee.

4) What about during? water (though not as much while working out, only about 8 oz per hour)

5) What about after? Big thing of water:)

6) Do you drink any special sports drinks? Not an actually sports drink but following lifting I usually have a protein shake (a scoop mixed with water) to fuel the repair process.

7) What do you drink regularly, other than water? Just coffee. I gave up soda, except when we go to the movies. I only have the occassional beer so it can't be called regular and I haven't made any iced-tea because of the sugar...

~Kiervin~

Co-author of:  MONSTER'S INK HORROR ANTHOLOGY By Cyber-Pulp Press

iVillage Member
Thu, 06-26-2003 - 2:15pm
i like unsweetened homemade iced tea - so refreshing! try it!
iVillage Member
Thu, 06-26-2003 - 3:23pm
1) What are you drinking right now? water

2) What do you drink first thing in the morning? coffee or tea

4) What about during? water

5) What about after? protein smoothie, sometimes

6) Do you drink any special sports drinks? no

7) What do you drink regularly, other than water? coffee and green tea

iVillage Member
Thu, 06-26-2003 - 3:25pm
I don't make it often, but I make it with flavored tea bags like mango or peach. It gives the tea a little flavor w/out adding sugar.

iVillage Member
Thu, 06-26-2003 - 3:39pm
1) What are you drinking right now? Nothing at the moment but I will have some Raspberry Lemonade Crystal Light mmmm!

2) What do you drink first thing in the morning? 4 oz OJ, then 2 cups coffee (the blood of life)

3) What do you drink before a work out? 1/2 a thermospeed 525 if I'm sluggish

4) What about during? remainder of thermospeed, crystal light, or water

5) What about after? water or crystal light. I like protein shakes on occasion but the bubbles from mixing them (shaken or blended) give me, well, gas, which doesn't feel too hot.

6) Do you drink any special sports drinks? Just the thermospeed but that is a rarity

7) What do you drink regularly, other than water? Crystal light, coffee, and maybe once a month a glass of chilled fume blanc or an espresso martini mmmmmmmm!!!

iVillage Member
Thu, 06-26-2003 - 4:06pm
what is thermospeed?
iVillage Member
Thu, 06-26-2003 - 4:09pm
speaking of drinks, does anyone know of a sports drink that has electrolytes like gatorade but no sugar/sweetners? i would think they could make water supplemented with electrolytes that still tasted like water...that's what i'd really like to get. with all the sweating and water drinking i do in the summer, i feel like i need a sports drink but i don't want the sugar.
iVillage Member
Thu, 06-26-2003 - 4:16pm
Thermospeed is a sugar-free, calorie-free drink that has electrolytes, caffeine, and a small shot of ma huang. I don't drink it too often but once in a while I will feel particularly sluggish, and this gives me a little kick to get started. Usually I don't finish the whole bottle; I'll give the rest to my bf. It is a popular drink at my gym, and it's not half bad, tastewise.

Pages