Source of Inspiration

iVillage Member
Source of Inspiration
Mon, 06-30-2003 - 6:26pm
I was working the juice bar at the gym on Sunday when a girl came up and ordered her protein shake. I'd seen her work out these past few months, and she's definitely lost a lot of weight - she looks great. I chatted her up while her shake was blending, and I told her she's looking awesome. She turned beet red and got a real big smile and thanked me so much for the compliment - it means so much to her, she said. She also told me that she knew who I was from the gym and said she looked up to me as having the type of body she wanted and lifestyle to emulate - she said I motivate her to exercise, and she even watches me work out so she can see how to do new exercises. Before I knew it, I was giving her tips on lifting, cardio, dieting, and writing down some of my favorite healthy recipes!

Stuff like that makes me feel so amazing inside - not only am I helping my body out, but I realized that I can help other people too. I thought that was the best compliment anyone has ever given me since I started on the quest for a healthy lifestyle, and it makes me want to share and inspire even more!!!

iVillage Member
Mon, 06-30-2003 - 9:37pm
Wow! What a great compliment! I have a few ladies in my gym I look up too and admire because they have come a long way and worked hard...I never thought of telling them that but I am thinking of doing it now because I see how it made you feel! Great story and congrats on the weight loss and healthy lifestyle!! :)

kathrine

iVillage Member
Tue, 07-01-2003 - 9:08am
that's awesome! kiervin has frequently encouraged us to let people know when they look good or when they've inspired us for that very reason - it feels great to spread the love around. that's great that you've had such a big impact on others and are inspired to keep it up!
iVillage Member
Tue, 07-01-2003 - 3:53pm
now i know what my boyfriend feels like when his clients tell him how pleased they are with his results. one client of his lost about 15 pounds so far, and her mom was so impressed she bought training from him too! the girl who i was talking to on sunday is buying sessions from him tonight, actually.
iVillage Member
Wed, 07-02-2003 - 1:15pm
That is a wonderful compliment. I'd be on top of the world if I were you! Congrats.

~K~

~Kiervin~

Co-author of:  MONSTER'S INK HORROR ANTHOLOGY By Cyber-Pulp Press