Introduction

iVillage Member
Introduction
Thu, 07-03-2003 - 8:48pm
Hi! I'm N(dont like to use my full name on here LOL) I am 24. I am the Bonusmom to a 5yo girl. I am not overweight but definately have too much fat. I am 5'4" and weigh 128lbs. My waist is 30" and my hips are 37". I have those flabby thighs and poochy belly that every woman hates! LOL When I actually type out my numbers I think it looks fairly good but when I look in the mirror I hate it all. :) My DH is in the process of losing weight on Atkins. He was 224 and as of last Saturday he weighs 166lbs.(5'10"). We recently joined the local YMCA so we can get in shape. I have only been once b/c of the busy holiday week so we plan to get on a more regular routine next week. He is thinking 3 times a week. I ws thinking 5x until we got where we wanted to be and then slow down a bit but I guess we shouldn't dive into 5x/wk right off the bat. LOL Anyway, I look forward to coming here often! ~N

~shesminetoo

Mom to 3yr old *E* and stepmom to 10 yr old *M*

Community Leader
In reply to: shesminetoo
Thu, 07-03-2003 - 11:14pm
Hi! Welcome to the board. You got some great advice from people on your other post (thanks vanessa and jen. You're making me obsolete!). If you're just starting out, see how you feel about three times vs. five. You don't want to burn out but at the same time, if you're having a good time and want to go, don't hold back. You might ask to see if they have intro meetings for new people. Also, if you're looking for incentive, since you don't need to lose weight but just want to tone/lose fat, you can see if they will measure body fat. You can see your progress that way. If they don't, you can get a qualitative measure by how your clothes fit. Glad you joined us!

iVillage Member
In reply to: shesminetoo
Fri, 07-04-2003 - 4:06pm
Oops. I forgot the cl in my posts last night.