What's in my recovery drinks

iVillage Member
What's in my recovery drinks
Mon, 07-07-2003 - 10:12am
The drink called Designer Whey Protien Blast Supplement Drink Flavor 'TropiCURL Breeze'(supposed to drink after working out)

Nurtition Facts:

Calories 170

from fat 10

Total Fat 1 g

Total Carbs 1 g

sugars 1g

Protein 40g

Riboflavin 0.27mg

Calcium 180 mg

Magnesium 30mg

Sodium 70mg

Potassium 270mg

Ingredients are Deionized microfiltered water, deisgner Whey protein blend, Taurine,phosphoric acid, citric acid, natural and artificial flavor, malic acid, sucralose, acesulfame potassium, Blue #1

The other drink I bought was Fat Shredder by 'Worldwide' flavor Kiwi Strawberry (drink half the bottle before workout and the other half during workout)

Facts:

calories: 0

carbs 0

sugars 0

Chromium 20 mcg

potassium 240mg

dandelion(root)500mg

Garcinia Extract(fruit rind)750mg

L-carnitine 250mg

Choline Bitartrate 100mg

Inositol 50mg

Other ingrdients: Water, citric acid, natural and artifical flavors, potassium benzoate, potassium sorbate, acesulfame potassium, sucralose.

So do these look ok? I am a total beginner at the gym and I plan to workout for about 1 hour 3x/wk. I will be doing some weights(beginner routine from Krista Smash(?)'s website and bike or treadmill. TIA ~N

~shesminetoo

Mom to 3yr old *E* and stepmom to 10 yr old *M*

iVillage Member
Mon, 07-07-2003 - 10:30am
The protein drink sounds good. I try to stay away from artificial sweeteners and coloring, but that's just a personal choice. Lots of people have no trouble with them. I don't know anything about some of the ingredients of the fat shredder so I can't say anything about it. You might want to read online about some of them to see if there are side effects. I wonder about something marketed as a fat shredder, though. I think the best way to burn fat is naturally, through diet and exercise. Hope that helps. Good luck with your program!