Some fun questions

iVillage Member
Some fun questions
Mon, 07-07-2003 - 10:14am
Just to get some chat going!

1) What did you want for Christmas when you were five?

2) What did you want for Christmas last year?

3) Did you play with Barbies? What accessories did you have?

4) What were your favorite books, between 5 and 10 years old?

5) Do you ever reread old favorites from when you were young? Which ones?

iVillage Member
Mon, 07-07-2003 - 10:19am
1) What did you want for Christmas when you were five? Cabbage Patch Kid! LOL

2) What did you want for Christmas last year? nothing

3) Did you play with Barbies? What accessories did you have? nope, sadly enough

4) What were your favorite books, between 5 and 10 years old? I don't really remember that I had any favorite books but I loved(and still do) to read!

5) Do you ever reread old favorites from when you were young? Which ones? nope. :)

Cute poll! ~N

~shesminetoo

Mom to 3yr old *E* and stepmom to 10 yr old *M*

iVillage Member
Mon, 07-07-2003 - 10:41am
1) What did you want for Christmas when you were five? probably a doll

2) What did you want for Christmas last year? ski stuff

3) Did you play with Barbies? What accessories did you have? yefix ups, I had the airplane and the head you could

4) What were your favorite books, between 5 and 10 years old? Nancy Drew

5) Do you ever reread old favorites from when you were young? Which ones? It's fun reading old favorites to my kids--Charlotte's Web, Little House books.

iVillage Member
Mon, 07-07-2003 - 10:44am
These are so great!

1) What did you want for Christmas when you were five? I have no idea. Probably Legos.

2) What did you want for Christmas last year? Sopranos DVDs and TONS of books.

3) Did you play with Barbies? What accessories did you have? Yes, for a brief period when I was between 8 and 10. I never had any accessories for them, we just used our shoes to "drive" them around. I had a huge variety of Barbies, the family favorite being Malibu Barbie, who accidentally ended up frozen in a small pond over a Maine winter and emerged with green hair. Henceforth known as "Frog Pond Barbie." After a while we got sick of the Barbies and started throwing them for distance -- holding on to their hair, we would whip them across the room. The body would detach from the head. After a few days of this, the little ball-and-socket mechanism holding the head on would break off, and all of our Barbies had a short-necked, wide-chinned squashed appearance.

4) What were your favorite books, between 5 and 10 years old? I was a voracious reader. My all-time, multiple-read favorites were the Little House series (especially The Long Winter), Chronicles of Narnia, the Bagthorpe books by Helen Cresswell, anything by Lloyd Alexander, Madeleine L'Engle, Judy Blume, Ellen Raskin....

5) Do you ever reread old favorites from when you were young? Which ones? All the time! Especially the CS Lewis books and The Westing Game.

iVillage Member
Mon, 07-07-2003 - 11:02am
LOL, that's so funny about the Barbies! I'll bet they make great projectiles. Some barbie trivia--her hair is made of saran wrap, or at least the same material. She also has a billion pair of shoes (most of which are in my vacuum cleaner!).

iVillage Member
Mon, 07-07-2003 - 3:46pm
1) What did you want for Christmas when you were five? A pony.

2) What did you want for Christmas last year? A new Tiffany necklace.

3) Did you play with Barbies? What accessories did you have? Oh lordie did I play with Barbies...up until 8th grade (did i just really admit that out loud???) Had every Barbie thing imaginable, best friend and I had our own Barbie village (Barbietown, how original). We even made our own Barbie clothes and matched them to our favorite outfits!

4) What were your favorite books, between 5 and 10 years old? Anything by Beverly Cleary. Also the "I Spy" series - I forget who it's by? Mom & Dad still give me a new "I Spy" book every year for Xmas :-)

5) Do you ever reread old favorites from when you were young? Which ones? I recently moved to my own place, so I went through my bookshelf. I found my BABY books! Goodnight Moon, The Little Rabbit, The Runaway Bunny, the whole Angelina series...brought back such lovely memories of my childhood!!! I'm feeling a little nostalgic now...time to go and call Mom.

iVillage Member
Tue, 07-08-2003 - 12:53pm
These are fun!

1) What did you want for Christmas when you were five? a bride doll, I got it.

2) What did you want for Christmas last year? workout clothes, again, I got it

3) Did you play with Barbies? What accessories did you have? goodness no, I hated the things.

4) What were your favorite books, between 5 and 10 years old? Sir Toby Jingle's Beastly Journey, Where the Red Fern Grows, A Girl Named Sooner and the Little House Books

5) Do you ever reread old favorites from when you were young? Which ones?

Yes, actually reading the little house books with daughter right now. It took me two years to have Amazon track down a copy of Sir Toby, I got it a little while ago and read it all the time. I would give anything for a print of the artwork from that book:) It is on my "most prized books" shelf, despite being found in an old elementary school library. Think of the hundreds of kids who loved it before it found its way to my hands. Gosh, I'm a sap for this stuff!

~Kiervin~

Co-author of:  MONSTER'S INK HORROR ANTHOLOGY By Cyber-Pulp Press