Find a Conversation
|Mon, 07-07-2003 - 10:55am|
1) Easy lifting. We've talked this to death here, make sure you lift until you can't do one more, with good form.
2) Binge workouts--don't do a huge workout on weekends and forget the rest of the week. It can also cause injury.
3) Unrealistic expectations. In the first month of working out, you'll feel different. In the second month, you'll see the difference, in the third, others will see the difference.
4) Zoning out. Pay attention to every lift. I have this problem when it comes to abs. My mind wanders.
5) Food rewards. Working out doesn't mean you can eat everything you want. Three components to getting fit are aerobic training, weights, diet.
6) Slacking off. Challenge yourself, make sure you're working a level 7-8 out of 10. Though, check with a doctor first.
7) Dumbbell dropping. The negatives are just as important.
8) Ignoring your mind. Change the way you think. If you're struggling with your weight, you need to figure out why your life is out of balance and what situations lead to emotional eating. Keep a journal.
I thought this was a good list. Does anyone have others to add?