How do I remember what all I need to do?

iVillage Member
How do I remember what all I need to do?
Mon, 07-07-2003 - 8:57pm
I now have a small workout routine that I plan to do at the gym. Being new to the scene I can't remember all that I have planned out. I made a small list and hooked it to my lanyard that holds my membership card but once there I couldn't remember how all the exercises were done so I had to skip them. I have a 3 ring notebook that I mentioned to my DH that I could put all the info into and carry to the gym but he said I would look like a dork. What did you all do? How do I remember what I need to do? Any tips? TIA ~N

~shesminetoo

Mom to 3yr old *E* and stepmom to 10 yr old *M*

iVillage Member
Mon, 07-07-2003 - 9:49pm
Carry the notebook around with you. You'll look more like you know what you're doing. Whenever I start a new routine, I do that and keep track of what I do. That way you can mark your progress. After a couple of weeks, it'll be routine and you'll remember it. At most gyms I've belonged to (I think all, but I might be missing some), theyve provided large cards and clipboards for people to write down the exercise, the number of reps, the weight so you can continually monitor your progress. I stopped carrying a notebook, but there are times when I think I should continue. When I've missed a workout, sometimes I'll forget what I've done last. Whatever you decide, remember that others aren't noticing you as much as you think they are. They're there to get a workout, too. So, do whatever works for you.