Wacky Wednesday

iVillage Member
Wacky Wednesday
Wed, 07-09-2003 - 7:55am
1) What's the best workout you've had?

2) How long is an ideal workout, if you had no time constraints?

3) What's your least favorite workout that you do?

4) Is there something in the gym or is there a class that you avoid? Why?

iVillage Member
In reply to: cl_jeanwl
Wed, 07-09-2003 - 8:02am

I haven't done this is years, but I love doing every class on the schedule. I'd start w/ the 5pm and stay through the night. My favorite night was step/hiphop/hi-lo.

2) How long is an ideal workout, if you had no time constraints? About 2 hours, with stretch, warm up, cardio, lifting, abs, cool down and stretch

3) What's your least favorite workout that you do? machines, I love classes

4) Is there something in the gym or is there a class that you avoid? Why? Yoga. I can't move that slowly for that long. I might give power yoga a try.

iVillage Member
Wed, 07-09-2003 - 8:52am
1) What's the best workout you've had? I think my 4 hour uphill hike up Mt Olympus was the best workout I've ever had.

2) How long is an ideal workout, if you had no time constraints? Two hours so I can take my time during weights and still have plenty of time for cardio. Anything more than that and I would need to eat and take a break before doing another workout. An ideal day would have a 2 hour workout in the late morning and another one around 6.

3) What's your least favorite workout that you do? Push ups! Even though I've gotten SO much better at them (thanks to our challenge), I still dislike them and have to really force myself to do them.

4) Is there something in the gym or is there a class that you avoid? Why? I avoid the stairmaster because it absolutely kills my knees.

iVillage Member
Wed, 07-09-2003 - 9:57am

Boot Camp

Probably around 2 hours which I NEVER have. Without my time constraints, I would do 1 hour of weight training followed by 1 hour of cardio.

I enjoy Wednesday Body Pump Class the least only because the instructor has a sqeaky voice.

I avoid the triatholon training class even though it looks like a lot of fun and very challenging. I would do the biking and running but there is no way you're going to get me in a bathing suit to do the pool part. NEVER HAPPEN!

iVillage Member
Wed, 07-09-2003 - 10:05am
1) What's the best workout you've had? Best workout? Hmm...I don't have one specifically that sticks out in my mind, but I know I have a good workout when I push myself to do that extra rep, get that extra set in, or do a crazy drop set after I've exhausted myself. I know I've had a great workout when I'm sweating like a Wildebeast, my chest is heaving, and my veins are popping, and I've got this crazy high going on - can't really explain it, but I think you ladies know what I mean!! :-)

2) How long is an ideal workout, if you had no time constraints? I work out for about 90 minutes, but it all depends on the bodypart/s I do and the exercises I do. If I do a lot of unilateral work it takes longer, obviously.

3) What's your least favorite workout that you do? Legs, because my bf is a sadist when it comes to legs (dang hack squats) but I must say, my tush looks real perky so I guess I have to thank him!!!

4) Is there something in the gym or is there a class that you avoid? Why? I avoid a trainer named...well, we all call her "Lunatic" because she is a few fries short of a Happy Meal (really, I kid you guys not). She used to stalk my bf (again, I kid you not), tells lies, used to talk crap about me, but now she acts like my BFF! Oh man, I could just go on and on and tell you guys stories that would have you either rolling on the floor or petitioning for her to be committed...but I think I'll spare you, unless you want to be amused and/or appalled!!! hehe

iVillage Member
Wed, 07-09-2003 - 10:27am

Boot camp usually

2 hours, cardio class with weights, followed by yoga and stretch

Whenever a crappy instructor fills in for one of the regulars. Ugh.

I take aquafit occasionally even though I'm usually the youngest person there by 40 years. I don't like spinning, it hurts my butt way too much. And I hate Stairmaster, the first time I ever worked out I went on it and I got dizzy within 5 minutes and passed out.

iVillage Member
Wed, 07-09-2003 - 1:01pm
1) What's the best workout you've had? Probably the half marathon. I can't mirror that bone-tired, totally elated and completely dead on my feet feeling in the gym, and trust me I've tried!

2) How long is an ideal workout, if you had no time constraints? About two and a half hours. Cardio/lift/cardio/lift/stretch and swim:)

3) What's your least favorite workout that you do? I'm not a big fan of shoulders, it is a constant struggle to stay to do them on back/shoulder day. I HATE working them!

4) Is there something in the gym or is there a class that you avoid? Why? Yeah, I don't go to any class. I HATE classes. I don't want anyone talking to me, telling me what to do or smiling at me when I work out (well unless HE is cute) I just want to be ignored. I can't stand dancing (never have been a fan of it) and certainly don't like other's taste in music. All in all, I'm best off left alone. Oh, and what is it that at least one aerobics instructor at each gym is completely psycho? I read Erin's post and had to laugh, we have one of those, fortunately she doesn't mess with me (or hubby) since I don't go to classes as an "in", but you should see the things she says/does to a few others. Crazy wench!

~K~

~Kiervin~

Co-author of:  MONSTER'S INK HORROR ANTHOLOGY By Cyber-Pulp Press