Some Questions!!! Have fun!!

iVillage Member
Some Questions!!! Have fun!!
Wed, 07-09-2003 - 10:09am
1. What do you like to do in your spare time?

2. What is your post-workout routine?

3. How do you motivate yourself if you are feeling particularly sluggish or unmotivated to work out?

4. What is the best workout advice you've ever received?

5. What is your favorite (nonfood) indulgence? Guilty pleasure?

6. Where was your favorite vacation taken? Why?

iVillage Member
Wed, 07-09-2003 - 10:22am
1. What do you like to do in your spare time? read, read, read!!! Also bake, cook, catch up with my parents

2. What is your post-workout routine? shower, eat...kinda typical I guess

3. How do you motivate yourself if you are feeling particularly sluggish or unmotivated to work out? I think about how healthy and kick-butt I usually feel afterwards, that usually does the trick. If all else fails, I look at a couple pics of my favorite fitness models Erin Ellington, Carmen Garcia, and Christina Lindley.

4. What is the best workout advice you've ever received? Get perfect form now, worry about weight later.

5. What is your favorite (nonfood) indulgence? Guilty pleasure? Reading (I've read 15 non school books since June; my apartment has no TV yet); also shopping even though I have no $$$, and what I like to call "Beauty Bootcamp" thanks to my bf, who got me certificates at my favorite spa for a 1 hour massage, facial, mani-pedi, and body wrap. And I treat myself to facials once every other month.

6. Where was your favorite vacation taken? Why? Puerto Rico, two summers ago with the fam. The resort was off season and all-inclusive; it was so darned indulgent, luxurious, relaxing, and the staff-to-guest ratio was 3-1! I felt like the Queen of Sheba!!!

iVillage Member
Wed, 07-09-2003 - 10:23am
1. What do you like to do in your spare time? Read, hang out with friends, walk around town (less the case in Pristina than in NY), do outdoorsy stuff, hang out in a cafe, watch movies

2. What is your post-workout routine? Walk home, stopping at my fave fruit stand along the way to get apples, nectarines, whatever else is in season. Trudge up the six flights of stairs to my apartment, plop on the couch and ice my knee while drinking water and eating a piece (or 2) of fruit. Send a text to my friend Des asking if he wants to come over and watch a movie.

3. How do you motivate yourself if you are feeling particularly sluggish or unmotivated to work out? I think of Judie's bike ride or of how it felt to be so out of breath hiking up Mt Olympus and I say to myself "WWGRD?" (what would a gym rat do?)

4. What is the best workout advice you've ever received? Lift weights!!!

5. What is your favorite (nonfood) indulgence? Guilty pleasure? Reading romance novels and watching bad reality TV (Survivor, Model Behaviour, etc.)

6. Where was your favorite vacation taken? Why? Istanbul, 2 months ago. Everything was perfect and my BF and I were totally in sync as to what we wanted to do each day. Best week EVER.

iVillage Member
Wed, 07-09-2003 - 10:43am

calligraphy, bake, hiking, skating, skiing, rollerblading, biking

2. What is your post-workout routine? shower and eat, too

3. How do you motivate yourself if you are feeling particularly sluggish or unmotivated to work out? I just make myself go and feel motivated once I start moving

4. What is the best workout advice you've ever received? breathe!

5. What is your favorite (nonfood) indulgence? Guilty pleasure? Doing nothing, but reading; guilty pleasure, taking private ski or skating lessons, seeing a trainer

6. Where was your favorite vacation taken? Why? I love traveling so I couldn't pick just one. I'd say most recent were weekend ski clinics with friends

Good questions! Thanks for hopping in with them! Sometimes I have to rack my brain for new ones, after a while.

iVillage Member
Wed, 07-09-2003 - 10:58am

I don't have much spare time. If I find myself sitting around, I'm usually playing with my dog or dh.

2. What is your post-workout routine?

Go home; prepare dinner; pick up around the house

3. How do you motivate yourself if you are feeling particularly sluggish or unmotivated to work out?

Visit this message board or surround myself with people who are working out

4. What is the best workout advice you've ever received?

Tough one. I guess it would be to not think about what I'm doing so much and just keep moving.

5. What is your favorite (nonfood) indulgence? Guilty pleasure?

My favorite nonfood indulgence is taking a day off from work with no special plans. Guilty pleasure would be the same thing except instead of vacation, it would be a sick day. LOL!

6. Where was your favorite vacation taken? Why?

My favorite vacation was the cruise that DH and I went on for our honeymoon. I think the why part is self-explanatory.

iVillage Member
Wed, 07-09-2003 - 1:16pm
1. What do you like to do in your spare time? Read, write, go to the beach and spend time with the family

2. What is your post-workout routine? Food, swim, hot tub then shower (occassionally skip the middle two, but not often)

3. How do you motivate yourself if you are feeling particularly sluggish or unmotivated to work out? Look at the picture of me at the sandbar. It is just painful.

4. What is the best workout advice you've ever received? True results take time

5. What is your favorite (nonfood) indulgence? Guilty pleasure? a new book, getting my hair washed at the salon, sinking my toes in the sand at the beach and listening to the surf and knowing that I have nowhere I have to be

6. Where was your favorite vacation taken? Why? Right after we married we drove cross country from Maine to California for leave before reporting to Bermuda for a three year tour. From the first moment we drove out of the drive at Baily's island to the minute I got on the plane to return to the states with our daughter three years later we were on a vacation. The trip out west was my first, I loved every minute of it. We stopped at little dives to eat, found the Hillbilly Ozark store where they sell "real" porcupine eggs! It was great. When we got to Bermuda I learned to dive, we used to go every day, we fished (mostly because we spent all our food money on gas for the boat, we would have never eaten otherwise), we built a strong foundation in those years without outside interference (we were so isolated from family and former friends) that the entire time just seems magical looking back. It was a vacation, extended I'll admit, but rather nice:)

~Kiervin~

Co-author of:  MONSTER'S INK HORROR ANTHOLOGY By Cyber-Pulp Press

iVillage Member
Wed, 07-09-2003 - 3:53pm
oooooooohhh, hot tub!! i think if i had a hot tub i'd never get out of it (except to go work out!!) i'd be a human prune!!! :)
iVillage Member
Thu, 07-10-2003 - 12:55pm
LOL. I have to say the facilities are the primary reason we went from looking for a "real" house to buying this townhouse. There is the pool and hot tub, his and her saunas and locker rooms, basketball courts, volleyball court, tennis court, community gardens and a gorgeous park with a pond and ducks and two kids playgrounds (which are the only thing run down here, I'm working on getting on the board to change that, all the present members are old men with no kids...) It was easy to give up doing my own lawnwork (and having my own lawn) for that:)

~K~

~Kiervin~

Co-author of:  MONSTER'S INK HORROR ANTHOLOGY By Cyber-Pulp Press