Wednesday Brags

iVillage Member
Wednesday Brags
Wed, 07-09-2003 - 4:11pm
Well today I had a totally unbelievable workout. BF and I slept in, no class today (yay!) and enjoyed nice coffee and breakfast. PMSing pretty bad (yeah, I'm evil today) but looking real lean! Tweaking the diet and upping cardio works wonders, eh? Met bf at gym, 15 minute light jog warmup then shoulders & tris. Started off with overhead dumbbell presses; 2 warmups and 3 working, hit 6 reps on final set with the 30 pounder dumbbells - wow! Bf said "how can a midget like you be so strong?" hehe. Side laterals, upright rows, rear delt flyes; I could see so much striation in my shoulders, it was pretty nice! Got some nice compliments from a couple of the private (aka overpriced) trainers. Tris, cable pushdowns, I finally have that nice horseshoe formation going on when I flex my tri's. Skull crushers (looove those), then seated tri extensions with giant set to incline skull crushers. Finish out with cable pushdown drop set. Yikes! Arms are jelly! I finished it all off with sweaty 30 min cardio. Bf says i train harder than he does, haha! When you've had a fantastical workout, doesn't it feel, well, fantastic?? When I have workouts like these, it keeps me motivated to continue working out, staying fit, and eating healthy.

Oh yeah, and one more brag - Bf and I finally got cable in our apartment!!! FoodTV here I come - with a vengeance!!!

iVillage Member
Wed, 07-09-2003 - 4:26pm
Makes me want to lift today but it's cardio day for me. Congratulations on a super workout! You're right, a good workout does feel like a "shirt with no sleeves on a hot summer day." (I love that line from Angie Stone's song, "More than a Woman".)
iVillage Member
Wed, 07-09-2003 - 7:22pm
You both are making me really jealous! Looking for a house is more than a full time job.:-( I haven't been to the gym in almost two weeks. This is the longest I've been away since I had my daughter. But, we joined the local rec center for the month and took the kids swimming. The facility is tiny and I don't see any free weights or a cross trainer, but there is a stairmaster so at least I'll do something! My ligaments in my hands/wrist are still sore and I can't do any push ups or put weight on my hands. Ugh, this is all coming at once.:-(

iVillage Member
Thu, 07-10-2003 - 10:56am
I thought about this post last night during my step class. The room was entirely too hot causing my energy level to drop precipitously. I had already come down to just 1 riser during the first 20 minutes of class and I didn't know how I was going to finish the last 40 minutes. I looked around the room for someone who could inspire me to work harder but everyone seemed to be dragging from the heat. Then I thought about this post and used it to give me a little extra push. It really made a difference. I had a great workout and pushed through the tough parts.
iVillage Member
Thu, 07-10-2003 - 11:57am
hey millcreek, glad that it helped! hope you had a good workout!

-jane-

iVillage Member
Thu, 07-10-2003 - 1:15pm
What a great day! Don't you love when it all just falls into place like that? Congrats.

~K~

~Kiervin~

Co-author of:  MONSTER'S INK HORROR ANTHOLOGY By Cyber-Pulp Press