Which is better?

iVillage Member
Which is better?
Thu, 07-10-2003 - 7:46am
I'm going to superset upper body (where you do opposing body parts so you don't need to take a break) and do weighted walking lunges. It just occured to me to alternate the lunges through, like:

bicep I, tricep I

lunges

bicep II, tricep II

lunges

bicep III, tricep III

lunges

Would that be better than to do all the bi/tri and then all the lunges, taking a break between the lunges? Or maybe, I could do lunges on shoulder day since I do shoulders by themselves and alternate a shoulder exercise w/ a lunge. I hold the weights dangling by my side so it should give the upper body some time to rest. Having typed it out, I think alternating w/ shoulders would be best. What do you all think?

iVillage Member
Thu, 07-10-2003 - 10:51am
Yeah, I think putting the lunges in the with the shoulders would be better. Shoulders tend to fatigue quickly and throwing lunges in the mix should give them a little more time to recover.
iVillage Member
Thu, 07-10-2003 - 11:25am
Thanks, I'll do that. Also, I hate doing shoulders and like lunges so it'll make that maore fun for me.

iVillage Member
Thu, 07-10-2003 - 1:14pm
I agree with both of you! I hate doing my shoulders (least favorite part) and it is far enough away from leg day I could probably throw in some legwork and not mess up being able to lift later in the week. You've inspired me, thanks!

~K~

~Kiervin~

Co-author of:  MONSTER'S INK HORROR ANTHOLOGY By Cyber-Pulp Press