spinning class help

iVillage Member
spinning class help
Sun, 04-06-2008 - 7:03pm
okay so i have been reading and hearing about spinning from time to time. i was wondering if someone can help me out. it says not to do it alot and to do something else with that so u are helping the rest of your body. anyone know what other work outs i should be doing so i dont hurt myself? i would like to try spinning i have no idea if its for me but i would like to tryit and if i decide to do it two times a week i would like to also know what i should be doing with that. i am also taking ballroom lessons once a week. so i guess i need to figure out which class i am taking when i guess. i decided to join a gym and take the classes cause other wise i get bored and dont go to the gym. id like to lose five to ten pounds and tone up a lot!! oh and i know i need to give my body a rest too so it heels so thats another thing i need to put into my schedule too lol. any help would be great. thanks!
iVillage Member
Mon, 04-07-2008 - 8:42am
Ideally, for weight loss, you can do up to 6 days a week of an hour of cardio, safely. BUT, go up to that slowly. Add one spin class (great workout) and see how you feel before you add another.

iVillage Member
Sun, 04-13-2008 - 1:57pm
I just had my first spin class this morning, and definitely stretch your quads and calves beforehand! Do anything to strengthen and stretch your hammies and quads, and something for balance if you're an ox like me. But do the class... it's a lot of fun but a lot of hard work.

Photobucket