Odd Back Pain...

iVillage Member
Odd Back Pain...
Mon, 09-15-2008 - 1:52pm

Every now and again, I get this strange back pain. It's below my shoulder blades, right about where the bra strap goes. The pain spans across my back and it's VERY uncomfortable. Sometimes it lasts a day or so. More often than not, I don't get the full on pain but I get like a "warning" where it feels like it's going to go out but doesn't.

I thought perhaps my bras weren't supportive enough (I have big boobs) so I got new bras but that didn't solve the problem.

I thought perhaps I was working my shoulders too hard and the pain was manifesting there so I scaled back a bit but that didn't seem to help either.

I'm not suffering right now but I think it's probably going to happen again. Everybody ever have this or know how to deal with it? I have a client who complains of a similar thing and all I can really tell her is to be careful. Thanks in advance.

iVillage Member
In reply to: gymrat76
Thu, 09-18-2008 - 4:32pm
It's a muscle spasm.
iVillage Member
Mon, 09-15-2008 - 5:36pm

It's not a spasm and I'm not aware of it coming on... It's more like a muscle ache.

The only time I know that I was aggravating it is when I was teaching several boxing sessions a week. I was using a handpad for some of it and I know that was causing me stress for a while.

It's weird. I wish I knew how to avoid it.

iVillage Member
Mon, 09-15-2008 - 5:09pm

I had a pain/numbness that went all the way down my neck to my fingers.

Community Leader
Mon, 09-15-2008 - 3:21pm
That's odd. I've never heard of anything like that.