Hi Jean and a question!

iVillage Member
Hi Jean and a question!
Wed, 09-24-2008 - 8:40pm

Hi Jean - how have you been? It sounds like you're keeping busy! I've been lurking all summer but

Pages

iVillage Member
Fri, 09-26-2008 - 8:30am
When my daughter was 3 weeks old, a 7 pound baby, she had cellulite. It's just in the genes.

iVillage Member
Fri, 09-26-2008 - 7:54am

That is too funny that you mention that, "...skin thins as you get older and doesn't hold in the fat as well..."

iVillage Member
Fri, 09-26-2008 - 7:38am

I preach that all the time that working out too hard when you're younger might feel okay when you're younger but it'll catch up to you.

iVillage Member
Thu, 09-25-2008 - 11:25pm

Thanks! I enjoy working out, too. I don't know what I'd do if I couldn't do it anymore. It always cracks me up when I hear people talking about how much they hate to exercise. I love to exercise. My body is actually broken down from exercising too much. Oh well!!!

I've always liked this board. There's a good exchange of ideas and info. I can check in during down times at work. I need some place else to turn besides ebay. That can be too expensive!! Cathy :)

iVillage Member
Thu, 09-25-2008 - 11:21pm
Thanks, that makes me feel better!! It can be pretty intimidating to know you guys do this for a living, so I appreciate that!!! Cathy :)
iVillage Member
Thu, 09-25-2008 - 11:18pm

"You're so funny that you even need to ask! Not only would it be fun to have you on the board but you have so much knowledge to add, too.

iVillage Member
Thu, 09-25-2008 - 11:22am

"Do you mind if I hang out on this board? "

You're so funny that you even need to ask! Not only would it be fun to have you on the board but you have so much knowledge to add, too.

iVillage Member
Thu, 09-25-2008 - 9:35am

Hey Cathy, you are in good company.

iVillage Member
Thu, 09-25-2008 - 9:28am
Hi Cathy - I'm a trainer but I work out at home too. :)
iVillage Member
Thu, 09-25-2008 - 9:20am

I feel like I'm working pretty hard, not just going through the motions. I just wanted to make sure because it's not like getting on a treadmill and going for 20 or 30 minutes. I don't have that sustained effort. Your idea of adding some intervals is a cool idea. I think I'll try that. I'm looking for something new to do and just don't know what it is. :) I'm thinking of joining the Planet Fitness nearby but theydon't have any classes. Balley's does but it's more expensive. I'm trying to lose a few pounds and it's nearly impossible!!! LOL! Gosh, as you get older, it really gets harder and harder. Especially if you're in good shape already. It's not like I'm overweight and the pounds will just come off. It's just a little fat where it didn't used to be. I'm still the same size and all. It's just annoying. I don't want to let it creep up on me and the next thing I know, I have 20 pounds to lose.

I'm keeping track of my calories for the first time in a long time, trying to stay between 1200 and 1400. And that's going well. It's been a month. It would help if I bought a scale!!! LOL! I just had so many difficult years with that scale that I have a real aversion to it. But I think it's time. LOL!!

I'm not so much exhausted after work as I am physically worn out. My feet hurt, my hip joint will ache, sometimes my lower back above my hip will ache. It's like that. I could go a few more hours if my body parts will hold out. :) I love doing the BOSU workouts but it can be so physically demanding that I either can't do it at the end of the day or if I do it at the start of the day, it wears out all those parts before I get to work!!! :) So I'm trying to find a good balance. I'm trying to

Pages