Airopes?

iVillage Member
Airopes?
Mon, 10-13-2008 - 10:34pm

Got my Power Systems catalog the other day and I was flipping through looking for new items that are interesting and portable. I came across these: http://www.borgunlimitedinc.com/airope.html Anyone ever seen them or used them?

I try to buy stuff that is multi-purpose and doesn't just have ONE function to it. These seem to have only one function - cardio without bonking yourself in the head with a rope. On one hand, that could be convenient for the client that doesn't have a stepper or a treadmill. On the other hand, I could have them hold a medicine ball or just jump without anything.

What do you guys think?

iVillage Member
In reply to: gymrat76
Tue, 10-14-2008 - 7:56am
I've not seen them before, but that doesn't mean much.
iVillage Member
Tue, 10-14-2008 - 8:32am
I love jumping rope but wouldn't spend $30 to pretend to jump rope.

iVillage Member
Tue, 10-14-2008 - 9:07am

i agree with jean that it's cool but i wouldn't pay $30 to pretend to jump rope either. i'm the perfect market for this because i can't jump rope! but i'd rather just pretend (with nothing in my hands) or do other things until i'm good enough at jumping rope.

they say it's for people who don't have the coordination and balance to jump rope as if it's a good thing to bypass learning coordination and balance! i think people are better off just learning to jump rope.

iVillage Member
Tue, 10-21-2008 - 10:31am
OMG! I love these! Probably for two reasons: I can't jump rope consistently to save my life and I've always wanted to. With these, I wouldn't have to worry about clearing the rope. I could still get a good bounce. They seem like they would lend themselves to a "dancey" workout, too. And ... the possiblilities for chasing my husband and son around the house with these are endless. They look like a lot of fun. Cathy