Has anyone out there tried the Wii fit?

iVillage Member
Has anyone out there tried the Wii fit?
Tue, 10-21-2008 - 10:23am

I know it's expensive and probably more of a beginners workout but I'm just curious if anyone's tried it. It looks cool. Target has it playing continuously in the electronics department. I tend to be an "always looking for the next new thing" sort of person in my workouts*. Maybe I'm ADD when it comes to working out! LOL! So I'm just wondering. Cathy :)

Pages

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-22-2008 - 9:53pm

that's funny, that's like how i scream for travis every time i find a bug in the house. i'm sure i'd do the same thing if i found a zombie in the house!

it is kind of sickening to kill the zombies. that thunking noise it makes. but i don't mind killing them as much as stressing out that they are lurking around the next corner. that's why my ears got so attuned to listening for that static sound.

that reminds me, i just watched the first half of "grindhouse" -- so awesome!

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-22-2008 - 7:42pm
I can't play horror games. They scare me. I can't play anything where you're timed either. It just freaks me out. I don't do well under stress in video games. I can't play racing games for that reason either. I drive all over the road, go off ramps, etc. It's hysterical. In real life, I can take anything but in a game, when there stress, I just fall to pieces. Go figure! A game I loved for xbox was Oddworld Munch's Oddysee. (sp?) You can play either character, switch back and forth ... it's very fun. Cathy
iVillage Member
Wed, 10-22-2008 - 7:24pm
Too funny!
iVillage Member
Wed, 10-22-2008 - 4:52pm
Silent Hill games ARE freaky. Except that I completely suck at killing zombies so I hand the controls to DH and make him do it. Then I take them back to continue exploring and find clues. Shameful but I do play the girl card sometimes. :D
iVillage Member
Wed, 10-22-2008 - 1:36pm

oh, i know, i played wii tennis sitting on the couch. at first the rest of the party laughed at me and then a couple of beers later they were all sitting down with me.

but for playing sit down games i don't see the advantage of wii over a PS3 and the like. if i ever start playing xbox by myself i'll have to get halo. in the past, we've tried to find games that we can both play together (which is hard) but now that travis doesn't play anymore i guess i can start trying the single player games like halo.

i hate getting stuck. we are stuck really bad at gears of war. it's an awesome game, the best i've ever played, but there is the one dude we absolutely can't kill. we tried looking for tips on how to kill him and all we found was something obvious like "shoot at him until he shoots at you and then hide behind the wall until you get a chance to shoot him again." really? thanks so much for that insight, what would i do without the interwebs?

you know what games freak me out if you want a new game? have you tried any horror games? silent hill (whatever version number they are up to now) is a really good one. it got me really freaked out when i used to play it. i had my hearing super-attuned to listen for approaching zombies, even when i wasn't playing the game!!

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-22-2008 - 12:25pm
No, I'm sure real guitar is better! You don't have to move around to play the wii. I sit like a couch potato and play Zelda and Mario. The sports games are cute but I don't play those. I like the kinds of games where you really get involved in other worlds. But not too hard, scary worlds! LOL!! I'm stuck in both Mario and Zelda because I either can't figure out what to do or I'm not good enough to go on. Now that the colder weather is here, I'll have to do a little research to figure out how to move on. I wanted an Xbox 360 so I could play Halo 2 (or is it 3?). We have an Xbox and I'm stuck on Halo, hiding behind a wall, not good enough and too freaked out to beat the stupid thing that's on the other side! Cathy
iVillage Member
Wed, 10-22-2008 - 9:59am
do you mean me? i went to a halloween party last year. i haven't been invited to any this year so far, and i think i'll decline if i do.
iVillage Member
Wed, 10-22-2008 - 9:44am

My DS has a WII, but I was too impatient to keep looking for the fit part.

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-22-2008 - 9:25am
oh that reminds me -- last halloween i dressed up as the guitar hero character "axel steel"! it was an awesome costume.
iVillage Member
Wed, 10-22-2008 - 9:22am

i'm pretty spoiled but i manage not to go out and buy EVERY gadget i want. actually, though, after playing a friend's wii i would rather have a playstation 3. the wii is a fun novelty but moving around to play video games is only entertaining for so long. i'd rather lay on the couch and play a first person shooter for 10 hours straight. there's not much point in having a wii for that kind of game.

of course, there'd really be no point in getting a PS3 unless we got a HD tv... but really we don't need any new consoles right now. we have a PS2 and an xbox 360 but we don't play much anymore since travis started playing world of warcraft (on the mac) -- he spends all his free time on the computer and i like playing video games with him a lot better than by myself. (but not world of warcraft, i find that boring and stupid.)

cathy - we have guitar hero too, it's fun! i like playing freebird,

Pages