Bowflex extreme 2

iVillage Member
Bowflex extreme 2
Mon, 11-17-2008 - 7:59am

I was wondering if this thing is worth it. I am considering a home gym, and I found a great deal on this bad boy. It looks new, and it's less than half the original price.

Anyone use a bowflex and love it?

iVillage Member
Mon, 11-17-2008 - 8:06am

Hi Lynn, welcome to gym rats!

iVillage Member
Mon, 11-17-2008 - 8:10am

I have not used it, but I am of the mind that if you are self motivated, you will use whatever you have to achieve whatever goals you set out for yourself.

I know of a few people who have purchased weight machines,

iVillage Member
Mon, 11-17-2008 - 8:49am

Thanks for the welcome! I do belong to the gym, and get there frequently, but I'd like to have something for at home, for myself the kids (and maybe, just maybe, my hubby) to use. My sons play football, and constantly steal my weight sets, and my daughter is always complaining about how her legs jiggle (she's 12 for crying out loud-they are not FAT!!!!)
So when I saw this thing I figured-it would be good for all of us. Every thing for exercising is used and used alot in this house! lol!! I was just thinking that the bow flex is not really a conventional thing with the rods, instead of weights and pegs.

Maybe I'll just have to go to the sellers house and use it! (hahahahahaha!)

iVillage Member
Mon, 11-17-2008 - 10:58am

Actually, asking the seller about it's use, and getting that in writing, isn't a bad idea.

iVillage Member
Mon, 11-17-2008 - 3:56pm

I'm still waiting to hear back from him. (I hate waiting) He lives around here, so I can go there, try it out and ask any questions I may have. Most of the reviews online have been pretty favorable. I've always used either a regular machine or free weights, and it seems the bowflex is more like the free weights, working your core, in addition to isolated muscles.

I like that, now if he would call me....lol.